cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we keep using Productivity Tools after June? Exchange 2019 on-prem

sully213
Level 1
Level 1

With the end of life of Productivity Tools coming up in June, I was wondering if we can keep using it after that? We use Exchange 2019 on-prem and the list of known issues of the Scheduler add-in with on-prem Exchange has management worried about the user (and thereby Help Desk) impact. Are we okay to continue using Productivity Tools as-is with the full understanding that it will no longer be updated?

Has anyone with on-prem Exchange already migrated to the Scheduler Add-in? Can you share your experience so far?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

alrjames
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if you ever found an answer.  The last update will be in June for Productivity Tools not end of life.  This has been very fluid no end of life from the last I saw.  It will continue to work unless Outlook blocks it and last we heard there were no plans from them to do so however this can change.  It could be however a similar situation as to how the Mac Outlook went last year.

In terms of moving to Webex Scheduler customers have done either a hard cut to it or ran them concurrently to allow adoption before disabling the other.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

emajcic
Level 1
Level 1

FYI, we are using productivity tools with Webex App 42.11. And for now it is working. Don;t know what versions on MS software we're using. Although we are working toward migrating to Scheduler Addin. It's mid Feb 2023 so we're over 7 months behind

alrjames
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if you ever found an answer.  The last update will be in June for Productivity Tools not end of life.  This has been very fluid no end of life from the last I saw.  It will continue to work unless Outlook blocks it and last we heard there were no plans from them to do so however this can change.  It could be however a similar situation as to how the Mac Outlook went last year.

In terms of moving to Webex Scheduler customers have done either a hard cut to it or ran them concurrently to allow adoption before disabling the other.

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

in addition to @sully213 's post, could someone clarify which app is meant with the following statement in the above linke help site:

"Workaround: You can manually enable the Webex Scheduler to pull meeting list information from Outlook. You will need to enable this feature from the Meetings app preferences."

My assumption is the Webex Meetings Desktop app and not the Webex App, or am I mistaken?

Best regards,

Igor

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.