cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Individual conversation (People) space INTO a Team space or add participants

sgendrolis
Level 1
Level 1

Looking to see how, if at all, another person can be added to a space that is not already a team. When using Skype for Business, I could add a person to a conversation already in progress with one other person - essentially creating a team that was once a one-off conversation. As it appears now, I would need to create a team and restate everything discussed prior in the one on one space in order to bring someone else into the conversation. Essentially, my need is to either add someone to a one on one space or change that one on one space to a Team in order to add them without losing the preceding conversation. 

1 Accepted Solution

Agreed. It makes sense to keep the space locked between the two 1:1 so they do not accidentally add someone to a "private" chat when they meant to create a space.

A workaround I can think of would be to host a Webex Meeting and go over the previous conversation and touch on the key points. As of right now and what I know, merging a private chat into a new space is not possible.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

SiliconRichard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can you cut and paste the previous conversation into the new shared space?

Sure could, it just kind of defeats the purpose, especially if there's a long convo or a lot of info that needs to be shared. Sometimes, it's a pain to repeat, even copy and paste, ha! :)

Agreed. It makes sense to keep the space locked between the two 1:1 so they do not accidentally add someone to a "private" chat when they meant to create a space.

A workaround I can think of would be to host a Webex Meeting and go over the previous conversation and touch on the key points. As of right now and what I know, merging a private chat into a new space is not possible.

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

1-1 chat spaces in Webex Teams are forever and you cannot add others to them. You can forward chat messages to another chat space if you want to bring context into it.

I personally like that you can't make a 1-1 space a group space. Imagine you were writing something you don't want others besides that other person to see. Now that other person adds a 3rd person to your chat that you thought was just between the two of you. Not good. I do however see how in situations like this it can be a bit cumbersome. I'd still rather be safe than sorry ;) Once you get that 1-1s are forever you will start doing more group spaces right off the bat. Sharing is caring :D

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.