Views
Helpful
Replies

Community Ask Me Anything- Cisco Webex: Enable Teams to Work from Home

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Español  Português Français Русский  日本語 简体中文

This event continues the conversation of our recent Community Ask Me Anything event "How to Use Webex Meetings".

This event is a great chance to discuss best practices, tips, and tricks for Cisco Webex. Due to circumstances that have resulted from the COVID-19 pandemic, a historic number of people have rapidly transitioned to remote work. Webex meetings have never been more vital for staying connected across the globe. Join this session to discuss the best practices, tips, and tricks to work effectively with a superior experience via Cisco Webex.

This forum event works well as an introduction for those who are not familiar with the tool and have recently started to use it. Issues and quality issues related to Webex solutions are not encouraged. If you have a Webex issue, please review it with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center or CSM teams.

To participate in this event, please use the Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expertbutton below to ask your questions

Ask questions from Thursday 16 to Thursday, April 30, 2020

Featured Experts
belemG.pngBelem Garrido is a Consulting Delivery Engineer with the Professional Services team in Mexico. She has worked for Cisco for half a decade and specializes in collaboration technologies, which include Webex Teams, Jabber, Jabber MRA, 3B, and Video Unified Communications core (UC) solutions. Before joining Cisco, she worked as a presales and post sales engineer at Bluedot -Networking Professionals. She holds a bachelor’s degree in computer and systems engineering from the UAEP. Belem holds CCNA, CCNP collaboration, and CCIE collaboration (#63632) certifications.

Aashish-1.pngAashish Dua is a Technical Solutions Architect in the Collaboration Sales Team in India. He is a technology evangelist and enables customers to accelerate business and solve challenges via Cisco technology solutions. Aashish has rich experience in consulting and has worked in all major industry verticals and with diverse customers all around the globe. Before his current position, he was a Lead Consultant for Customer Experience. Aashish holds a CCIE (#45437) in collaboration and a SIP SSCA certification and has interest and expertise in Cloud SaaS Applications and Cloud Security.

aditgup2.jpgAditya Gupta is a Systems Engineer in the Global Sales team. He provides technical consultation to Global customers for Cisco's broad range of products and technologies (for example, R&S, Voice Video, and so on). He specializes in Cisco Collaboration/Video technologies. Aditya comes from the Backbone TAC UC Team where he worked on troubleshooting UC products. He also worked as a consulting engineer for Cisco Cloud and Managed services, handling key accounts for Cisco in the collaboration domain. Aditya holds a Cisco CCIE (#44733) in collaboration and a SIP SSCA certification.

Due to the anticipated volume for this high in-demand event, Belem, Aashish & Aditya might not be able to answer each question. Thus, remember that you can continue the conversation directly in the Webex Administration community.

By posting a question on this event you're giving permission to be translated in all languages we have in the community.

**Helpful votes Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

50 Replies 50

Hilda Arteaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear @Belem Garrido@Aditya Gupta and @Aashish Dua 

Thank you so much for sharing your time and expertise. You’ve helped many around the globe :)

It has been great to collaborate with you, we look forward to do it gain in future

dulfranc1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I tried to create a Webex meetings account, I received 1 of 2 emails.

Nevertheless, I'm unable to reset my account password. Any hint to proceed?

Hi dulfranc1,

Once you create your account, you associate an e-mail address to that account and receive the first e-mail like this one.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 21.02.35.png

This first e-mail is a request to create a password for this account. Create the password for the account.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 21.01.09.png

If you created it already, you will receive the second e-mail with a confirmation that you have successfully changed your password.

If you did all these already but you don't remember the password you set or if you haven't set the password, go to http://webex.com site, click on Sign In and click on "Forgot Password?" link.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 21.17.18.png

A prompt will request your e-mail address associated at the beginning and you will receive an e-mail with a confirmation.

HTH.

Stay safe.

Thank you @Belem Garrido and team

One last question

On a Webex event: When moving people to the lobby  - is there a way to move multiple people at 1 time or do I have to do it individually?

Cheers

Hi Dulfranc1

I am assuming you are talking about a WebEx meetings PMR. 

You can only move one person at a time to the lobby but can admit multiple people simultaneously from lobby into the meeting.

Please refer article below:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nsq9s2h/Move-Attendees-to-and-from-the-Lobby-in-Cisco-Webex-Meetings

Thanks & Regards

Aditya Gupta

Indeed @Aditya Gupta  thanks

Synol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My son's school has been using Webex to have their classroom meetup each day. When they were using the link you can follow to a meeting he could join on his iPad and participate just fine.

They have since switched to a number and password setup for joining the meetings and now anyone using a tablet to connect gets no Video and cannot see the video of others either. To be clear, this worked fine before and we have changed nothing. The only differences are that it has a password now and there are more people in the meetings (20 vs 5).

I don't have a webcam, so this is the only way he can connect to the meetings, is there a way to fix that? I am not the one setting up the meetings, but if someone knows how to fix the issue I will forward that information along to the teacher.

Thanks!

Anyone using a computer/laptop that is a guest can still send video, I did mention it was only people using tablets. Only guests connecting with mobile devices cannot send video.

Need more information
Webex has many centres. Like Meeting Centre everyone can send video
Event Centre only the panellists/hosts can send video if they have set it up that way.
So could be that they changed the meeting centre type and hence some people cant send video.
Normally the participant will get a video icon at the bottom to be able to send video or not. If its greyed out or disabled could be a different centre that you are using.
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

Thelmo
Level 1
Level 1

When im scheduling a Webex, can i force atendees to connect via web browser ? 

Hi Thelmo,

Unfortunately, when you are scheduling a Webex Meeting, there is no option to force users to use the web-based client. The only way would be to have restricted users or users in locked-down environments. Basically, users with no admin rights on their computers. And, take into account that restricted users in a Microsoft Windows environment cannot share documents.

HTH.

Stay Safe.

TonCisco
Level 1
Level 1

If the conversation is lively, an important thread can quickly move to the top. Is there any way so that when someone reply to the thread, the whole thread moves back to the bottom so everyone can see it and don't have to scroll up ?

Hi TonCisco,

Moving a threaded chat to bottom of the space can result in other messages(threaded or non-threaded) in space to be moved up and thus easily being missed out. A better way to track a threaded chat would be for you to use the filters either in a particular space or outside.

Please find more details below:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/njfx9x9/Webex-Teams-Find-Your-Threads-in-a-Space

https://help.webex.com/en-us/7m5b7d/Webex-Teams-Find-All-Your-Threads

Thanks & Regards

Aditya Gupta

Currently, you can "quote" which will move a portion of the thread down to the bottom of the space for everyone to see.

However, things do change so keep an eye on upcoming changes here: https://help.webex.com/en-us/8dmbcr/What-s-New-in-Cisco-Webex-Teams

No you will only see a "New replies" indication to be able to move up to the reply for previous threads only.

Response Signature

Community Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good afternoon. There is Cisco Webex Meeting server and it's time to change the certificate.
Could you tell me please what features I should pay attention to when I generate a new certificate for Cisco Webex Meeting?

Hi,

When making changes on the certificates for Webex Meeting Server, you should pay attention to the following:

SSL — Required on all systems. Take into consideration any systems integrated with, mobile and Telepresence devices and application servers.
SSO IdP — For SSO with identity provider (IdP) certificates.
Secure teleconferencing — Required for TLS teleconferencing. You can configure up to two secure teleconferencing certificates, one for each CUCM system that you choose to configure.
SMTP — Required if your email server is TLS-enabled.

You will find detailed information on the process for generating certificates on the following link:

Administration Guide for Cisco Webex Meetings Server Release 4.0 

HTH.

Stay Safe.

Community Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good afternoon. Cisco Webex Meeting version 2.8.1.3100.B is installed and configured.
When I was upgrading to version 2.8.1.3118.B - it gives an error, "Try again or contact TAC." I retried with the same result.
What could be the reason?

Hi,

I didn't find a defect raised to address any similar issue with no luck. I don't see either an upgrade path you may need to follow as you are upgrading to a minor release.

My recommendation would be to go to at least version 3.0 following the upgrade path:

7a6db0af-56ef-46e0-abf7-7552e3641ca5.PNG

HTH.

Stay Safe.

Community Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good afternoon.
I want to ask a question about disappeared options from Cisco Webex Control Hub: ("Turn on high-definition video (720p) (Meetings, Training and Events)", Add "When enabled, recordings are captured using the view you choose below. Video thumbnails view is the default layout for all users . Hosts are able to specify their own default view in Modem View under Preferences. ").

I can no longer regulate how to record to the cloud.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.