Helpful
Replies

Community Ask me Anything: How to Use Webex Meetings

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can ask your question on your own language:

Español  Português Français Русский  日本語 简体中文

This topic is a chance to discuss more about  Webex Meetings regarding installation, configuration, implementation, use, and integration with other applications. Learn the best practices to make the most of the tool, as well as the best practices to troubleshoot its common issuess.

This forum event works well as an introduction for those who are not familiar with the tool and have recently started to use it.

To participate in this event, please use the Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expertbutton below to ask your questions

Ask questions from Friday, March 20 to Friday, April 8, 2020

Featured experts
angelihe.jpgAngelica Hernandez Becerra is a Designated Service Manager in the High Value Services / Premium Support Team for Collaboration and Cloud Collaboration. She specializes in Webex Teams, Webex Meetings, and Jabber. Before Cisco, she worked for the Trade Commission of Mexico in Toronto, Canada, Promexico and Avaya. Angelica holds a bachelor’s degree in international business and an ITIL foundation v3 certification.

luis.jpgLuis Gomez Rocandio is a Designated Service Manager in the High Value Services / Premium Support Team for Collaboration and Cloud Collaboration. He specializes in collaboration solutions such as Webex, video devices, and Jabber. He has worked at Cisco for 11 years. Before joining Cisco, he worked at Dell as a Regional Coordinator and at Hewlett Packard in the administrative area. Luis has a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a diploma in business management. He holds Social Selling and Cisco Cloud Fundamentals certifications.

cnuche.jpgChristian Nuche is a Designated Service Manager and Technical Expert in the High Value Services / Premium Support Team for Collaboration and Cloud Collaboration. He has 17 years of experience in the IT industry, particularly in collaboration technologies. He has been collaborating with Cisco for 15 years in different Collaboration and Unified Communication teams on diverse roles, which include Tech Lead roles, and he has collaborated in the Plan, Design and Implementation (PDI) team as well. Christian is an author of Cisco.com and Cisco Community technical documents, and he is a Technical Reviewer and Subject Matter Expert for Cisco Certifications.

Angelica, Luis and Christian might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event.
Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Webex community.

By posting a question on this event you're giving permission to be translated in all languages we have in the community.

**Helpful votes Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

98 Replies 98

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you a full Admin of the site? Are these enabled on the English version of the site? if so, I recommend you to open a case on TAC.

Regards,

Christian.

MB65
Level 1
Level 1

It seems that some features are only available in the classical view. But in the top navigation bar there is no link “classical view” (free translation of the German layout).

Also in the site configuration in the menu Site Option I cannot find any configuration for choosing "classical view" or "modern view".

I studied the articles "n0s3esu" and "noh9c4". But it seems that neither the link in the top navigation bar is displayed nor the configuration option in the site configuration is available.

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you do not see the 'classic view' next to the 'sign in' and 'language' links you are probably already on the classic view.

If you are on the modern view and do not see that then try to go to:

https://your_site.webex.com/mw3300/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=your_site&viewSwitch=m2c

for example for the site 'cisco', the URL would be

https://cisco.webex.com/mw3300/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=cisco&viewSwitch=m2c

Regards,

Christian.

MB65
Level 1
Level 1

Planning a webex meeting I can invite attendees by entering their email addresses manually. How can I access lists of attendees which I have created in the address book / contacts (not sure what the labels are in the English version, the German are “meine Webex-Kontakte” and “Verteilerliste”)?

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are using the modern view, switch to the classic view, see this article:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX9000025996/The-Use-address-book-Link-is-Missing-when-Scheduling-Meetings-in-Modern-View

Regards,

Christian.

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you suggest a best practice on "Reporting" since in the near future there will be request on demostrating the "increase" of Webex Meeting usage?

More specifically, I was wondering if there is a graphical representation, similar to the "Insights" of Webex User for the FULL Webex Administration Page (in order to include graphs for ALL Meetings and not for one user)

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hello Ashish,

Yes, this is what I am looking for, however I am managing Webex from Cisco Webex Site Administration and it looks like i am missing the Analytics menu (or I dont know how to find it, check below:

Analytics.PNG

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

You will have to do this to get Analytics
https://help.webex.com/en-us/341eud/Link-Cisco-Webex-Sites-to-Control-Hub
Please engage your partner or account team to help here if this is not clear.
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

Thanks so much for your clarification, I have managed to "retrieve" such useful info through Analytics.

George

Do I guess right that I dont have the Analytics option due to the fact that my Webex site is not enroled yet on Control Hub?ControlElrolment.png

Hi,

Control Hub will allow you to access the analytics you are looking for, according to your conversation, in this case, you are missing the enrollment of your Webex Site to Control Hub, please access to your Webex Site Admin and enroll to Control Hub, also invite you as admin so you will be able to visualize analytics and also, troubleshooting.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/n0rlwxe/Analytics-for-Your-Cloud-Collaboration-Portfolio

Thanks.

Thank you Angelihe,

I am the Site Admin however based on the current situation (working from Home and increased number of calls) I am a bit concerned about the enrolement and more specifically if I miss by enrolling to Control Hub the access to the Webex Site Administration (which I am more familiar with). Are you aware if the Site Admin can have access by both sites?

George

Hi,

The linking process will get you access to advanced analytics base on the URL, that doesn't mean you need to migrate your administration to Control Hub.

Here is an article that details the implication of the site linking:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/341eud/Link-Cisco-Webex-Sites-to-Control-Hub

Thanks.

Thank you for your guidance,

I followed the procedure and I must say that I the Analytics Info is more than useful!

George

Since the information from the Hub Analytics look really valuable,

Is there a chance that the Site-Admin can build up a consolidated report and having it sent automatically via email in PDF form?

Thanks in advance,

George

dulfranc1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Can you upload and change the background image of a video conference on the desktop app on windows or Mac?

thanks in advance 

Hi,

The feature to change the background on a video meeting, is currently available only for iOS devices either iPhone or iPad, this feature is currently on the roadmap for desktop clients and Android, and will be available soon.

Regards,

Christian.

Hi,

You can change the way your Personal Room view looks. Update your profile picture, set your background image, and even change the appearance of your desk

https://help.webex.com/en-us/25u5hd/Customize-Your-Cisco-Webex-Personal-Room-View-in-Classic-View

During a Cisco Webex meeting, you can blur your background or set a virtual background, so meeting participants can stay focused on you.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/80jduab/Change-Your-Video-Background-on-Your-iOS-Device

Thanks.

Cisco Moderador
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is it possible for two registrations/users to use Webex Meetings on the same smartphone?

Ex. Corporate account and a private (free) account?

I don´t see an alternative to changing the one that was registered first (in my case, the corporate one).

Note: This question is a translation of a post originally created in Portuguese by mauricio.caldeira@outlook.com.It has been translated by Cisco Community to share the inquiry and its solution in different languages.

Hi,

If I understood your question correctly, you want to use 2 different Webex Meetings users / accounts on the same smartphone and the same app instance, that cannot be done, the app only allows one active account.

If your phone somehow allow to have two different separate instances of the app, you could setup one instance with one account and the use a different account on the second instance, I've seen some dual-SIM phones allowing to have 2 instances of some apps like WhatsApp, but that would depend on your phone, the Webex app by default does not allow this.

The only workaround I see for this is that you will need to sign out and sing in again using the other account.

Regards,

Christian.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.