cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling CC-Feature

millerscrossing
Level 1
Level 1

I'm searching for a way to disable the closed captions feature. In our webex control hub I could deactivate the webex assistant but nevertheless I haven't figured out how to disable the cc feature. The cc button is still shown in a meeting and functional.

1 Accepted Solution

Our consultant was the opinion this is a bug in the actual release and recommended too opening a support case. I did that and after some time it turned out that the admin of the site has to request disabling this feature and then they open a internal ticket to disable it. Shortly after that the cc feature was successfully disabled for all users.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Robert Casipit
Level 1
Level 1

Now that I think of it, when CC was made available to us, whatever we tried we could never turn it off and we were told that's how it is now. You may want to open a support case with Webex TAC to confirm it's an always on thing.

Our consultant was the opinion this is a bug in the actual release and recommended too opening a support case. I did that and after some time it turned out that the admin of the site has to request disabling this feature and then they open a internal ticket to disable it. Shortly after that the cc feature was successfully disabled for all users.

Thanks for your assistance. That does not sound that there is a chance of success. I guess we will cancel our webex subscriptions for our company. The software changes in the last year let me think that this the wrong software for our use case (only simple webconferencing).

Robert Casipit
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think you can disable CC at the site level, however, you can per meeting. This is likely due to being compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). See https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/WBX47352/How-Do-I-Enable-Closed-Captions?

I don't see the setting you mentioned in the meeting options :

Meeting Options.png

And I'm wondering why I can disable a switch called "Closed Captions" in the user management and session type administration and this has no effect:

User ManagementUser Management

Session TypeSession Type

Though this has been marked as resolved, the approach with a TAC Support case is not a perfect solution.

The question related to the switches from @millerscrossing werent answered. Should they have an impact / function if there is not a bug?