cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when joining Webex Meeting - atmgr.exe - Ordinal Not Found

Krosscheck
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who gets this error (with different Ordinal numbers) whenever he tries to join a WebEx meeting on his Windows 10 machine.

atmgr.exe - Ordinal Not Found

The ordinal 3866 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\webex\webex\mmssl32.dll

When i uninstall the Cisco Webex client, the above referenced folder gets removed.  However, when the client is reinstalled, the error pops up again with a new Ordinal number.  It only fails on this machine.  Is there any way to fix this issue?  Thank you.

8 Replies 8

mtabrez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"The correct team of experts to help you are available by raising a case at support.webex.com. That said, once your issue is resolved, we'd love to hear if there was a fix that would work for our extended community. Come on back and let us know how you resolved this. thanks for being an active member of our Webex Community. "

Thanks - i created a support ticket and they responded right away (much quicker than most vendors that i deal with).  We tried the Meeting Services Removal Tool, but that didn't resolve our issue.  Working to get this escalated.  Thanks again!

Hi Krosscheck and Cisco,

I have a similar problem.  Can you let me know how this has been solved?

Hi.  After several failed attempts to resolve the issue with Cisco, we found a workaround. 

Instead of letter the WebEx applet install via the web every time the user needed to join a meeting, we downloaded and install the WebEx desktop client.  With the app running, the user was able to join his WebEx meetings without getting the applet error.

ALSO - Cisco recommends Windows 10 build 1903.  We have only been approved to run Build 1809, so i don't know if our Windows version was causing the issue.

Hope this helps.  Cisco was VERY responsive on this issue - my first one.

We are also using Windows 10 build 1809, and now change there allowed.

The workaround I have at the moment is to switch browser.  I only get the error when using firefox as browser.  It works fine with IE and Chrome, so I switched to chrome.  Not really a solution, but also a workaround.

Thanks for sharing you solutions/workarounds on this!

Same issue for me.  It doesn't work with Firefox as my browser.  Hopefully they fix this eventually.

In my case, the issue appears to be happening only on one user's computer.  When he logged onto my test machine, the issue did not appear to be happening.  Our workaround is to let him use the desktop app instead of launching the web applet.

Very interesting.  We had issues with IE and Chrome.  We assumed that this was a WINDOWS issue because the same error window came up regardless of which browser we set as default.

If you run into any issues, you can try our workaround too!

- Chung