cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get access to deleted Webex Recordings ?

BernhardV
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!
At help.webex.com i found this:

Messages deleted by the end users are soft deletes. Even if a message is deleted by an end user, it exists in the system and is accessible by the compliance officer. It is permanently removed only after the retention period.

We do have a configured compliance office.
I deleted some Meeting recordings and the trash.

But at admin.webex.com i find nothing, where i can access the deleted recordings from the end user.
Only this is available:

BernhardV_0-1667995997952.png

Thanks for your help!
br,
Bernhard

4 Replies 4

BernhardV
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both for your answer.
I thought the Cisco Site Administration will be gone after Update to ControlHub.
Maybe because we did not Update to ControlHub yet, the recording section it´s not visible there.

Now when i click at Meeting and my Site only this is available:

BernhardV_1-1668064672960.png
"Sign-in to manage" opens the Site Administration. There i can access all recordings. But not the recordings the user deleted and empty their trash.

Thank you for your help.
Bernhard

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can reassign the recordings to you or someone else in the recording management section of the meeting site.  Recordings stay here until the retention period is up, even for users that are deleted.

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

The article you found only relates to messages that are typed and entered in Webex Chats.  This is not the same as meeting recordings.  Instructions on how to restore meeting recordings that were saved to the Webex Portal are at this link:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/nt5imhbb/Manage-Recordings-with-Cisco-Webex-Site-Administration 

Note that you will need to select Meetings from the left menu and if you have more than one site, select the site.  Then click on the Settings Icon to get to the Recordings settings mentioned in the article.

Response Signature

After deleting the recordings and the trash, the recordings should be still available for the compliance officer. (till retention period)
Or am i wrong?
Many Thanks.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.