cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing The Webex Meetings Virtual Desktop App WBS39.3

JohnFrancis3720
Level 1
Level 1

I tried installing Webex meeting for Virtual Desktops app on my Windows 10 Build 1909 virtual desktop. It gives me this error. This virtual machine does not need a Citrix Receiver, but even installing a Citrix Receiver 4.9 LTSR it still gives an error. What could be wrong? What does it mean by when you say Citrix ICA Client which is a Receiver I am assuming. Is there any specific version is needed? I installed it on my office desktop and it installed fine, but not on a similar virtual desktop image of Windows 10 build 1909 and this message comes up.

Cisco webex jabber vda.PNG

2 Replies 2

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@JohnFrancis3720 

As far as I understand, this solution is targeted for company-environments where the employees are provided a "virtual Desktop" via Citrix - which is Terminal-Server solution:
Take any computer, install the Citrix-Client on it and connect to the remote Citrix-Server.
This approach provides a "remote desktop"-like user-experience without having the company-data ever leaving the network since only the screen-content ("Pixels") are transferred to the remote User.

I don´t think the software you tried to install is intended for use with local virtual machines.
Try to install to "normal" Webex-Client-Software: https://www.webex.com/downloads.html/

As soon as the virtual machine has access to the webcam/microphone connected to the VM-Host-Computer, Webex should work fine.

kind regards
Fritz

JohnFrancis3720
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Everyone. I think I got it. I installed Receiver 4.9 LTSR and then installed this and it worked.