cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing The Webex Meetings Virtual Desktop App WBS39.3

JohnFrancis3720
Level 1
Level 1

I tried installing Webex meeting for Virtual Desktops app on my Windows 10 Build 1909 virtual desktop. It gives me this error. This virtual machine does not need a Citrix Receiver, but even installing a Citrix Receiver 4.9 LTSR it still gives an error. What could be wrong? What does it mean by when you say Citrix ICA Client which is a Receiver I am assuming. Is there any specific version is needed? I installed it on my office desktop and it installed fine, but not on a similar virtual desktop image of Windows 10 build 1909 and this message comes up.

Cisco webex jabber vda.PNG

2 Replies 2

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@JohnFrancis3720 

As far as I understand, this solution is targeted for company-environments where the employees are provided a "virtual Desktop" via Citrix - which is Terminal-Server solution:
Take any computer, install the Citrix-Client on it and connect to the remote Citrix-Server.
This approach provides a "remote desktop"-like user-experience without having the company-data ever leaving the network since only the screen-content ("Pixels") are transferred to the remote User.

I don´t think the software you tried to install is intended for use with local virtual machines.
Try to install to "normal" Webex-Client-Software: https://www.webex.com/downloads.html/

As soon as the virtual machine has access to the webcam/microphone connected to the VM-Host-Computer, Webex should work fine.

kind regards
Fritz

JohnFrancis3720
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Everyone. I think I got it. I installed Receiver 4.9 LTSR and then installed this and it worked.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.