Views
Helpful
Replies

Keep Local Admin user when Migrating from On-Prem to Cloud

mlong0000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we're currently using CUCM, TMS, Expressway and we are migrating to the Webex Cloud.

Currently the devices are administered/troubleshooted by locally browsing to them and using the local admin user to login. I have migrated a few devices to the cloud for testing but that local admin account is gone after migrating. You have to go to the control hub and access the device portal from there with the cloud login taking over which isn't ideal for us.

Is there a way to migrate while keeping the local admin account active similar to setting the local phonebook to non-persistent?

Thanks

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @mlong0000,

thanks a lot for your message!

The observed behaviour is expected behaviour, as the local admin account is disabled when registering to the cloud. However, you can enable the account after having registered the system to the Webex Cloud again.

If you want to this in bulk, you should have a look at the tool called CE Deploy, which was developed and is maintained by Christopher Norman, a Cisco employee. This tool allows to use a CSV (with all the VC systems) and create / enable accounts on those systems. The whole process is done through the Webex API.

There is a Webex space for the tool. You can join that space here: https://eurl.io/#SJWfk6qUV

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Igor

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @mlong0000,

thanks a lot for your message!

The observed behaviour is expected behaviour, as the local admin account is disabled when registering to the cloud. However, you can enable the account after having registered the system to the Webex Cloud again.

If you want to this in bulk, you should have a look at the tool called CE Deploy, which was developed and is maintained by Christopher Norman, a Cisco employee. This tool allows to use a CSV (with all the VC systems) and create / enable accounts on those systems. The whole process is done through the Webex API.

There is a Webex space for the tool. You can join that space here: https://eurl.io/#SJWfk6qUV

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Igor

This is a screenshot of the tool.image.png

Thanks Igor

You are welcome @mlong0000! I am glad that this helps you solve the problem.

Best regards,

Igor