cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License agreement in Webex Teams panics American workers causes phish reporting storm.

Jacob Hendricks
Level 1
Level 1

My users brought this to my attention today, when we upgraded our Webex Teams VDI. The word License is misspelled. 

Screenshot 2020-09-21 065006.png

2 Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Licence is a perfectly correct spelling when the word is used as a noun.

https://www.macquariedictionary.com.au/blog/article/100/ 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

@Wayne DeNardi , that spelling is for countries outside the United States. If @Jacob Hendricks  is using the American English version of Webex Teams, then it should be updated to "license."

Looks like we've misspelled it here, too. "Third-party licences and notices" should be "Third-party licenses and notices"

I'll let the UX writer know to fix these errors!

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 8.56.58 AM.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Licence is a perfectly correct spelling when the word is used as a noun.

https://www.macquariedictionary.com.au/blog/article/100/ 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

@Wayne DeNardi , that spelling is for countries outside the United States. If @Jacob Hendricks  is using the American English version of Webex Teams, then it should be updated to "license."

Looks like we've misspelled it here, too. "Third-party licences and notices" should be "Third-party licenses and notices"

I'll let the UX writer know to fix these errors!

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 8.56.58 AM.png

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Jacob Hendricks ,

Happy Monday!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention here in the Webex Community. I will report this to the relevant team.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Response Signature