Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting with no video on iPad

Have an odd situation.

New WebEx Site.

The Administrator can schedule a Meeting with people withiPhone or iPad and PC's.  When they join, everyone can use their Cameras.

An added users with no special privs schedules a meeitng with the same people.  the PC can use its camera but the iPhone and iPad get an message that the Camera is not available.

I have looked and I do not see anying obvious that is missing. 

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Working with TAC, we could not find a reason why this was not working.

We ended up deleting the account and then adding it back in.

Problem solved.  No known reason why it did not work to begin with.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Working with TAC, we could not find a reason why this was not working.

We ended up deleting the account and then adding it back in.

Problem solved.  No known reason why it did not work to begin with.

gabriela-webex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard, I don't have all the background information to answer and you alreday have checked what seems to be obvious :-), but the 2 things I would point first to check -if not done - would be:

- Permissions (specially if you're joining from webex teams instead webex meetings), can be needed to be allowed - maybe it changed after an update (Go to Settings to check the iOS permissions you've granted in the app).

- 4G, 3G vs Wifi. I would try to use WiFi instead 4G and see what happens. If using mobile APP, use of camara through mobile data, 3G or 4G sometimes is disallowed by administrators (permissions can be changed MDM)

I'd also may check as possible issue source (I don't think this is the case, because a message should pop up):
- Bandwidth - slow network connection:(bad latency or jitter value). Sometimes a poor connection leads to video frezze or block (it should pop up a message)
- Low battery - IOS devices use to optimize resources to save battery and they might try to disable video if battery is low.

Here you can find some helpful links that walk through Webex meetings from mobile devices:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/p3t8bg/Use-the-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Mobile-App#Connect-to-Webex-Meetings-from-a-Mobile-Device
https://help.webex.com/en-us/nowvmhw/Support-for-the-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Mobile-App#reference_7E90DE648E639F82D1C02E3049ADACDE

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.