Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetings Desktop App not work after Win 10 1909 Update

CPCJPearce
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Webex Community, 

I have a strange issue where a user who is upgraded to Windows 10 ver (1909) 18363.9000. After that upgrade, Webex Meetings Desktop app is updated to 40.8. When the user tries to start a meeting, the app will say connecting and nothing happens, the audio/video preview doesn't come up. What I have tried so far is removing the app and installing it back. I have logged in the web portal and try to start the meeting from the web version, to use the Desktop app and that has not worked. What has worked is using the Chrome version to start a meeting via the web platform NOT the desktop app. I have even downgraded to webex meetings desktop version to 40.7 and it has not worked. The has stopped working after the Windows 1909 update. I have check forums and articles and I have checked the TLS 1.2 version and disabled firewall and all the same results. 

Has anyone seen this issue? I have been working on this for a few hours, and it is getting frustration since there isn't any error messages. The meeting wont start, even from the Outlook add a meeting will not start. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

2 Replies 2

CPCJPearce
Level 1
Level 1

Any suggestions on this issue? Clear registry settings? Cache? anything?

We now have 5 Machines that started getting this today but we know 2 of them at least are on 1809. No idea yet of the issue but same symptoms you describe. We are asking them to get logs via Webex Tracer  on Monday so we can investigate and to open a a TAC case as the users have left for the day. Please post if you learn something...

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.