cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Messaging a Webex Teams colleague

soup_dragon
Level 1
Level 1

Found what I think is an odd issue but maybe its designed this way and looking for some idea. We have a mixture of free and paid message users in our org. When adding some team members into a space and or searching for them and then wanting to message them a pop up advises not possible to message which is odd because you can. I thought it might be something to do with being on a BETA but one of my organisation non beta users has raised this an issue as well. 

Changing a non-working user to a paid user then enables search to work as expected and for the user to be added to the space. Removing a paid license for the same user to free messaging reverts them back to no messaging. That would explain it except that we have some free messaging users whose profile does show we can message them and add them to a space without an issue so now does not make sense, whats the difference?

Have a feeling this is a TAC case but thought to post here before I do as might have missed something somewhere.

1. Should we be seeing any dialogue if we have free messaging app for some users in our org(all same domain)?

2 If yes to 1, why would would some users with free messaging show as "can message" and others as "cannot message" when they have same license setup?

2 Replies 2

soup_dragon
Level 1
Level 1

TAC raised and confirmed a bug in 41.4 but also seeing in 41.5. 
Workaround for a user when searching is and you see the result is to right click the name of the person and then select "Peek". Selecting Peek opens up the space underneath the search results and a message can be sent as normal. 

To add a user to a space have only found changing them as a paid user resolves the issue. After adding to the space can change back to Free license again.

Still seeing new implications for this bug to summarise: -

1. Unable to message a user from search results

2. Unable to add a user to a space

3. Unable to use @mentions and user will not receive @All notifcations

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.