cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Org Admin recommended configurations

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you implemented all of the Webex recommended essential configurations in your org? 

The configs I'm asking about are:

Phase one:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Claim Domain
  • Site linking

Phase two:

• DirSync
  • SSO
  • Calendar features

If you did all of them: What benefits do you get from enabling these items? How did you measure success of enabling them?

If you didn't, why?

Response Signature

152 Replies 152

Yes, I have implemented all of the Webex recommended essential configurations in my org. I have found that these configurations have provided a number of benefits, including:

Increased security: By verifying my domain, claiming users, and claiming my domain, I have made it more difficult for unauthorized users to access my Webex environment.
Improved user experience: By enabling DirSync and SSO, I have made it easier for my users to sign in to Webex and access the applications they need.
Enhanced collaboration: By enabling calendar features, I have made it easier for my users to schedule and join meetings.
I have measured the success of enabling these configurations by tracking the following metrics:

Number of unauthorized login attempts: This metric has decreased since I implemented the security configurations.
Time to sign in: This metric has decreased since I implemented DirSync and SSO.
Number of meetings scheduled: This metric has increased since I enabled calendar features.
I am confident that these configurations have made my Webex environment more secure, user-friendly, and collaborative. I would recommend that other organizations implement these configurations as well.

Here are some additional benefits of implementing the Webex recommended essential configurations:

Reduced IT costs: By automating user provisioning and deprovisioning, organizations can reduce the time and resources that IT staff need to spend on these tasks.
Improved compliance: By implementing the right security configurations, organizations can help to ensure that they are compliant with industry regulations.
Increased productivity: By making it easier for users to collaborate, organizations can help to improve productivity.
If you are considering implementing the Webex recommended essential configurations, I encourage you to contact Cisco for more information. Cisco can help you to assess your needs and develop a plan to implement the configurations that are right for your organization.

gabryant
Level 1
Level 1

We have implemented all of phase one and two configs.

The end users will benefit most of completing all of these items especially from the SSO and calendar features.

Sagen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One benefit of verifying the domain is also to ensure that we are on the same page about what domain we will be using for implementation of Webex. Likewise, by claiming users, we are ensuring that we are in control of what they use, and how they are using it/can use it in our corporate implementation of Webex. And, we can ensure a consistency along corporate implementation lines, without “loose guns on the deck”. -Site linking? Dare I ask: How relevant this still is?

DirSync and SSO seems to me to be two sides of the same case. From a corporate perspective, you would not want to spend any more time on administrative tasks, such as user maintenance, than absolutely necessary. Why do user administration in two places, if you can limit it to one? As for SSO. Security is always a balance. However, not only will SSO save employees time and resources having one less login to worry about. From a company perspective you again have one less thing to worry about. Again, I dare say, a simple RoI calculation.

As for calendar features, again, I ask: More than asking why, I ask why not? After all we are talking about making collaboration easy, and we do not want to spend more time in different systems than absolutely necessary. Again, time is money.

DrAbdelkaderAli
Level 1
Level 1

Yes i was did that before to be ready 

atapia0011
Level 1
Level 1

good Information.

williams.mark.m
Level 1
Level 1

We did not. Domain claiming was not competed, but verification was. Our group has additional Webex orgs that exist that we did not want to negatively impact by claiming. It is a step planned for a later date.

We have done these configurations in our environment

timasaurus007
Level 1
Level 1

We enabled all these features and seamlessly integrated them with our Azure instance.

Asad Sarfaraz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By bringing all of the Webex services into a single app, you can give your users a better experience for messaging, meeting, and calling.

marlinw
Level 1
Level 1

We only use Video Integration - Microsoft Teams, is it still necessary to complete all of the steps?

We only have this step completed:

• Verify Domain

cjfreud
Level 1
Level 1

I have implemented these configurations and all teams have benefitted from the increased productivity.

rig
Level 1
Level 1

Great !

gdolberr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We've completed all of Phase one and currently working on enabling Hybrid Calendar. DirSync will not be enabled as the customer is using an LDAP over Active Directory

All essential configs complete and working.

Ahmed Elzohery
Level 1
Level 1

We were able to implement most of these settings, but for our smaller agency only SSO was beneficial for us in the phase 2 items.  Calener sync with O365 is nice and we are utilizing the O365 plugins for calendar sync.

jkater
Level 1
Level 1

We were able to implement most of these settings, but for our smaller agency only SSO was beneficial for us in the phase 2 items.  Calender sync with O365 is nice and we are utilizing the O365 plugins for calendar sync.

kkehnen
Level 1
Level 1

Good overview, some links would be beneficial.

Good preparation before deployment is crucial and saves lots of headache. 

angelihe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks!

hlidars
Level 1
Level 1

I am not in a position to take on the responsibilities of a site administrator for my company.

Juan-Ray
Level 1
Level 1

awesome