cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Org Admin recommended configurations

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you implemented all of the Webex recommended essential configurations in your org? 

The configs I'm asking about are:

Phase one:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Claim Domain
  • Site linking

Phase two:

• DirSync
  • SSO
  • Calendar features

If you did all of them: What benefits do you get from enabling these items? How did you measure success of enabling them?

If you didn't, why?

Response Signature

152 Replies 152

tadenalloyd007
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, benefits of ease of use on the app specifically on the SSO and benefited on the scheduling and creating meeting with the hybrid calendar service. Seamless use of the service.

ponciano1982
Level 1
Level 1

Not yet done, because I need to attend the training first.

haundh
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not our site admin, but as a user, it looks like we have them all enabled. Since Webex is my daily softphone, I appreciate the SSO.

mh1983
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Great topic and am enjoying the responses!

I was wondering if anyone relied on any admin documentation on help.webex.com/cisco.com or other materials to implement these recommended configurations.

If yes to using docs, what was your experience? Positive, negative, or neutral? Any suggestions?

If no to using docs, why?

Thanks in advance!

We have done all 7 steps and forgot the docs we may have used as we did this (completed the steps) over 2 years ago and there wasn't much out there.  I think there was like one page on help.webex.com on verifying and claiming a domain.  If memory is correct the Jeff Hubbard led Control Hub courses came about the time we finished.  (It took us over 6 months - stated Jan 2019 - to claim our domain as the process of kidnapping the couple of dozen consumer accounts we had using our domain but CH errored out on wasn't fully established yet.  I hear that has gotten much better since our experience.)

Opps, we did 6 steps.  We didn't have to site link as we started straight off as a Control Hub site.

Marcour
Level 1
Level 1

I implemented all but DirSync and SSO. Our data security and protection department did not allow me to do that. It's a German thing...

Katana3128
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
we had implemented all of the both phases.

1. DirSync is very helpful for easy admin of users
  2. SSO is helpful for users to login to the webex and very important for our security team.
  3. Calendar features help users to create and manage meetings and no one is late

Thanks

asabitava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Done step by step as recommended 

cbelke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Always make sure you are doing the phase 1 first, and phase 2 second.  Your goal to success is streamline the user management, reduce the need for hand-on management, and enable a consistent end user experience.  The SSO is relatively simple and you'll be working a bit harder with the hybrid calendar configuration, and make sure you go through the pre-reqs in Contro Hub for the hybrid setups.

Chris Belke

Robert Ecke
Level 1
Level 1

Have you implemented all of the Webex recommended essential configurations in your org? 

Yes as a partner we implemented all of these for our org and for a lot of our customer orgs.

ellen.tutterow
Level 1
Level 1

I have not done any, because I am doing the training first.

Which type of training would you recommend for Webex hybrid services? Are there any Cisco training courses or Cisco training Partner courses on Webex hybrid services that you could recommend?

Thank you.

I am allso doing the training first.

KimberNelson
Level 1
Level 1

We did Phase 1 & 2.  Our users love the SSO option because we have our other programs using SSO.  A one-click login is the best.  Our students don't have the option to changing their screen names by using the SSO (a big plus).

Hugo Chevalier
Level 1
Level 1

We faced issue to claim users that 1st create an account with their personnal email address, we cannot migrate them to our Org keeping their data .. even if they change the email address of their webex account to their professionnal email address  ...:(

hector.ochoa
Level 1
Level 1

We did phases 1 and 2 except calendar features.
Once the implementation was complete, administration became very simple.
We had problems with the claim users part, because we did not fully understand how it works, since users tried to enter their accounts before the synchronization was complete with DirSync and that caused free accounts to be created.
At the end of the day we corrected the problem and everything worked perfectly.

chjones2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I performed the following configs for one of my customers Webex CH:

Phase one:

• Verify Domain - We had multiple domains to be verified, which was performed
  • Claim Users - We had a mass confusion in the beginning and many users jumped in and created their own "consumer" accounts, but we were able to get it all cleared up and claimed
  • Claim Domain - Once all domains were verified and users claimed, we claimed the domains to make sure no one else could create consumer accounts use the domains
  • Site linking- This was pretty straight forward but all domains were linked to their Webex Site Admin DBs

Phase two:

• DirSync - We used Directory Connector, but will soon not need it because the customer is getting ready to migrate to full O365
  • SSO- This was a easy fortunately because the customer already had AD in Azure
  • Calendar feature - This was a bit of a back and forth situation because we were lead to believe we MUST have EXP-C and E to support the connectors, but finally figured out only EXP-C was required. Not too happy about it because we spent a lot of time and resource getting certs and DNS records created for an EDGE we wont use.

Overall, great learning experience, which is the best way to learn from your own mistakes!!

tuyennam84
Level 1
Level 1

We did phase 1&2.

- Benefits:

1/ Easy sync users from AD to Webex.

2/ One profile to login and authentication with SSO.

3/ OBTP feature is OK.

- Need improve:

1/ We are using SSO authentication with third-party identity provider (O365), and we have multitenant with multidomain. At the current we can only authenticate with one Microsoft tenant.

2/ We wish Webex can support multi-authentication with local built-in and SSO.

Thanks,

LandrinLong
Level 1
Level 1

We have all of our phases done except for the calendar features.  We are currently going through a migration from on premise exchange to O365.  So instead of having Expressway servers, we're just waiting for the migration to be complete, then we will integrate calendar services at that point.

Landrin Long | Network Architect
Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles
555 Wright Way, Carson City, NV 89711

We have done the following:

Verify Domains

- Claim Domains

- Claim Users

- SSO

- Directory Connector incl. group based license assignment
Benefits: Improved User Management for >150.000 Users

- All production Webex sites Control Hub administrated on latest channel

Benefits: Most actual software versions and features to improve productivity of the users and fast bugfixing

- CUCM Softphone

- Hybrid Messaging for Integration of existing Jabber environment during transition from Jabber to Webex App

- Hybrid Calendar Exchange and Hybrid Calendar O365 for Calendar Integration for our users, which are partly still on On Prem Exchange

- Video Mesh - Bandwidth and call flow optimization

- Enterprise Content Management - SharePoint Online for Integration of existing Sharepoint environment

- Webex Edge Connect for improved quality and less independence from Internet

- Webex Edge Audio for additional audio dial in numbers and fail over in peak moments like COVID19 Lockdown 1

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.