cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Org Admin recommended configurations

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you implemented all of the Webex recommended essential configurations in your org? 

The configs I'm asking about are:

Phase one:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Claim Domain
  • Site linking

Phase two:

• DirSync
  • SSO
  • Calendar features

If you did all of them: What benefits do you get from enabling these items? How did you measure success of enabling them?

If you didn't, why?

Response Signature

152 Replies 152

kevin almond
Level 1
Level 1

All essential configs complete and working.

DirSync saved the manual addition of users the most, so reduced admin effort considerably.

I have implemented these configurations , they can make user managerment easier 

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Domain
  • DirSync
  • SSO

Phase one:

• Verify Domain   Done
  • Claim Users      Done
  • Claim Domain   Done
  • Site linking        NA

Phase two:

• DirSync                   Done
  • SSO                        Done
  • Calendar features    Done

putney_m
Level 1
Level 1

This was done previously by another engineer for my organization. 

danielsanmartin
Level 1
Level 1

Users are reluctant to use SSO, but little by little they understand that it is a very helpful topic in security

Daniel A. Sanmartin

mithomp2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All these configurations have been done during On-Boarding and discovery with my customer as the DSM.

jonpauley
Level 1
Level 1

Phase one:

• Verify Domain - Done
  • Claim Users - Done
  • Claim Domain - Done
  • Site linking - Done

Phase two:

• DirSync - Done for some, roadmap for others
  • SSO - Done for most, roadmap for a couple
  • Calendar features - Done for some, roadmap for others

The benefits are without question.  It's easier to manage and a better end user experience.

omettam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
  • Verify Domain is complete
  • Claim Users is complete
  • Claim Domain will not be done due to how multiple sites are used
  • Site linking is done
  • DirSync is configured thru Azure
  • SSO is done via Azure SSO
  • Calendar features are done

Shane Woolf
Level 1
Level 1

Phase one:

• Verify Domain -- DONE
  • Claim Users -- DONE
  • Claim Domain -- DONE
  • Site linking-- DONE

Phase two:

• DirSync -- DONE
  • SSO -- DONE
  • Calendar features -- DONE

drieger
Level 1
Level 1

This is not something I have access to in my current role. However, this was helpful to me as this is part of our implementation troubleshooting questions.

PiyushC
Level 1
Level 1

AD integration is in place. SSO enabled for all the users which helps to manager X number of users. 

Calendar sync also done with CH for scheduling meeting via ical

Phase one:

• Verify Domain --> done
  • Claim Users --> done
  • Claim Domain --> done
  • Site linking --> not necessary

Phase two:

• DirSync --> not done
  • SSO --> not done
  • Calendar features --> integration with Google

imgian.z
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have implemented all the suggested steps, except the calendar integration.

This will be performed after an update of our Exchange server.

Chetan Pandey
Level 1
Level 1

We have done the following:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Site linking
  • SSO
  • Calendar features

SSO is very helpful with authentication and provides our security team with necessary controls. 

Site linking has been great for administrative purposes. 

mparra.fusionet
Level 1
Level 1

Phase 1:  All but We haven't claimed all the users yet or the domain, only because some  higher up manangement doesn't want to loose all the content in his consumer account which has a lot of information, we are about to send a person to download all of his content with him to make sure we can move forward

Borislav
Level 1
Level 1

I hadn´t had the opportunity to do these implementations.

ypan2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have implemented these configurations , they can make user managerment more easier and quicker!

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Domain
  • DirSync
  • SSO

I have implemented all of these configurations in my organization (most of these descriptions are self-exclamatory):

Phase one:

• Verify Domain - Allowed me to show proof of domain ownership to Webex for the steps below.
  • Claim Users - This step wasn't applicable to my scenario, but is a nice feature to re-associate users to verified domains for users who might have created accounts in the free Webex organization.
  • Claim Domain - Allowed me to restrict users using my organization's domain name to register in only my organization.
  • Site linking - This feature was used prior to the migration to Control Hub as the single-pane of glass for management for all Webex features.

Phase two:

• DirSync - An excellent feature to unify my organization's directory service to Webex.  This option allows me to spend less time configuring accounts.
  • SSO - Another time saving feature.  Less time entering a password and account information.  Quicker response time for Control Hub administration.
  • Calendar features - Efficient integration between Outlook and Webex devices.  A must have feature for the organization as a whole - not just for the technology department employees. 

tech
Level 1
Level 1

I am not a site admin for my company , so I would not be expected to do this.

hanzelc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Getting from where you are to the future of collaboration is as easy as following the 4 steps Molly mentions in Phase one.  Why is the order important? Each step builds on the previous and should be completed in sequence. Completing the steps in this order will streamline the configuration process and reduce the need for hands-on management down the road.  Once complete, you'll be another step closer to a single pane of glass organizational and user management for your Webex services.

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have done all in each phase.  With DirSync we moved to Azure SSO which is a lot easier IMO because you don’t need the extra server.  We have also moved away from the site managed option and moved management to Control Hub so that we had "a single pane of glass".

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.