Views
Helpful
Replies

"Immediate Yank" Feature

marcusp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm just watching Jeff Hubbards training videos at golearn.webex.com, an came across a feature that is presented on a slide called "immediate yank", to claim users in control hub. It is referenced in the video "Webex Meetings - Configuring the Essentials - Part II".

I am not able to find anything about that, has anyone an idea where to find it and how to use it, and/or where it is documented?

Thanks!

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

jehubbar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Marc, 
Thanks for bringing this up. Ashish is correct, "Immediate Claim" is the correct term these days.  When the feature to allow an admin to immediately import a user from the Consumer Org to the Customer org was first implemented, it was termed "Immediate Yank" in the CH interface. Since then they've changed the phrasing to "Immediate Claim".  I'll update the slide and terminology.  Essentially it comes down to this: In the process of claiming valid users into your org, the admin can allow users to bring any content that was generated while in the Consumer org, but the user is entitled some notice to opt out if they wish - for instance, let's say the user intended their Webex account to be used primarily for personal use, they signed up for a free account, but simply used their work email to do so, for whatever reason that may be.  The default method of Delayed Claim gives the users up to 14 days to point their content to a new account under a different email. If the user does nothing, their content simply stays with that account and the only visible change to the user is perhaps the addition of features that are part of the org's agreement.  However, perhaps for whatever reason the admin needs to see all accounts in the Consumer org that use the customer's domain and convert them immediately without delay, the method to do so is "Immediate Claim" In this case, the user's account is migrated to the Customer Org and the next time they log in they'll see no content. However, as I understand this (asterisk here, feel free to chime in with real world experience folks) the user will still get an email giving them the same 14 days to set up new email address under which to keep the content they've generated thus far. After 14 days, however the content would be deleted.  Hope this helps

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nceb8tm/Claim-Users-to-Your-Organization-Convert-Users

https://help.webex.com/en-us/e4ektc/Disable-Delayed-Claim-for-Your-Organization

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jehubbar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Marc, 
Thanks for bringing this up. Ashish is correct, "Immediate Claim" is the correct term these days.  When the feature to allow an admin to immediately import a user from the Consumer Org to the Customer org was first implemented, it was termed "Immediate Yank" in the CH interface. Since then they've changed the phrasing to "Immediate Claim".  I'll update the slide and terminology.  Essentially it comes down to this: In the process of claiming valid users into your org, the admin can allow users to bring any content that was generated while in the Consumer org, but the user is entitled some notice to opt out if they wish - for instance, let's say the user intended their Webex account to be used primarily for personal use, they signed up for a free account, but simply used their work email to do so, for whatever reason that may be.  The default method of Delayed Claim gives the users up to 14 days to point their content to a new account under a different email. If the user does nothing, their content simply stays with that account and the only visible change to the user is perhaps the addition of features that are part of the org's agreement.  However, perhaps for whatever reason the admin needs to see all accounts in the Consumer org that use the customer's domain and convert them immediately without delay, the method to do so is "Immediate Claim" In this case, the user's account is migrated to the Customer Org and the next time they log in they'll see no content. However, as I understand this (asterisk here, feel free to chime in with real world experience folks) the user will still get an email giving them the same 14 days to set up new email address under which to keep the content they've generated thus far. After 14 days, however the content would be deleted.  Hope this helps

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nceb8tm/Claim-Users-to-Your-Organization-Convert-Users

https://help.webex.com/en-us/e4ektc/Disable-Delayed-Claim-for-Your-Organization

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the clarification.

Since the slide explicitly mentioned "Delayed Conversion", "Immediate Conversion" and "Immediate Yank" it seemed to me that there would be three different methods.

Thanks for taking the time and reaching out.

-- Marc

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @marcusp ,

Thanks for posting your question here. I work with Jeff Hubbard directly, so I can reach out to him for information on the resources you seek. I will update this thread then.

Response Signature

No, in the video it is explicitly stated that it is a way to claim users besides Immediate Claim and Delayed Claim.

(see attached screenshot)

2021-08-13 14_52_24-Cisco Webex Go Learn.png

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.