cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing a meeting created by someone else

fred2020
Level 1
Level 1

I had a series of meetings created by someone else. The meeting was originally scheduled and accepted in Outlook (integrated with Webex). The organizer of the meeting left the company and I have removed the meetings from my Outlook calendar. However, an annoying meeting reminder keeps popping out every day.

I have accessed the web interface looking for an option to remove that meeting from my Webex calendar but there is no option to do that when the meeting is organized by someone else.

Being dismissed from a meeting invitation is an option that any user should have. It is a basic calendar management feature that should be part of any meeting product. Probably I'm not being able to find it (in which case the usability of the product is not very friendly). On the other hand, approaching the Webex administrator in a big organization is not a good practice for this kind of scenario. Please somebody can point me the procedure to remove those meetings (organized by someone else who is no longer in the organization)?

I have tried adding the meeting invite back into outlook and then removing again from there (also removing from Outlook OWA) but in any case, there is no way to remove the meeting from Webex and it keeps appearing in my daily reminders.

Thanks in advance for the help!

30 Replies 30

It's not a help. My organization is large, and I have no idea who the Webex administrator is. I need to be able to decline/delete meetings from my Webex calendar without going to an administrator.

As long as the person who scheduled the meeting(s) is still in your organisation you should have the option to do that simply by declining the meeting in your calendar. The problem arises when the person who scheduled the meeting(s) leave the organisation. Then you cannot fully remove the meeting information. For this you’d need to use the process described in the document that I shared earlier.

Response Signature

The process is ridiculous in a large org. Fix it please.

How about you learn to do some research and follow procedures instead of throwing a tantrum on a help thread.

Tantrum? Just because you don't like my POV it's a tantrum? Grow up, child.

Only the originator can cancel your meetings.

So, either contact whoever handles Outlook/Office/O365/Exchange in your organization, or open a ticket with Cisco as mentioned above...

You might have to open a ticket with your OWN IT support, to find out who your Office/O365/Email/Exchange people are...

We’re a large organisation and it works perfectly fine for us.

Also why are you telling me to fix it? I don’t have any influence on this. If you want to see this altered the process for this is to bring it up with your Webex account team or post a suggestion on aha. The community is not the place for this.

Response Signature

Faye Howes
Level 1
Level 1

I was part of a daily catch-up meeting and then I moved to another team and no longer need to attend the meeting. I have declined the meeting series on Outlook and the meeting organiser has removed me from the meeting series in Outlook, so why do I still get daily pop-ups? More importantly, how do I stop them?! 

anthonyroesler
Level 1
Level 1

I had this issue as well and have only been able to have an exchange administrator remove the meeting after the fact.

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

just open a support ticket online for WebEx and give them the meeting number.

Has anyone tried this? Is this something that can do and delete a meeting from their end?

As @Steven L wrote open a case with Webex support to have them remove the meeting.

Response Signature

Right. Submit a support ticket online... with who? Surely I shouldn't need to contact Cisco to remove a meeting from my calendar.

open a ticket with cisco support. under "contact support".

tyler.koskey
Level 1
Level 1

Also wondering when this bug will be fixed. I have several recurring meetings on my calendar I can't delete, and have no idea who I would need to contact to have them removed. This leaves me with zero options.

rwebb-hpr
Level 1
Level 1

I have not seen a reply that this is being worked on.  Is this something we should expect a fix for?

emajcic
Level 1
Level 1

Yes. Glad I found this post. I'm having the same problem. It takes reasonable user discipline to manage the Outlook/webex synchronisation.

I had a similar problem where is was invited through Outlook to a regular daily scrum via webex. I left that group and i (as a participant) cancelled the calendar item in my outlook the mistake I made was the i didn't press the "notify organiser" (or whatever that message is) in Outlook. This meant that although it's disappeared from my Outlook calendar. The notification of my cancellation by Outlook was not received by the host and therefore Webex still thinks I'm still and attendee. Now I have meeting in my webex calendar that I can't remove. I have to try and go back to the host and removed my name from the Outlook meeting and see if that works.. i can't do it myself.

Work in Progress.
The link in the original post reply (below) is not available anymore...
https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX67686/How-Do-I-Delete-a-Deactivated-Host-s-Meeting-on-an-SSO-site

Also how to update/delete webex  meetings via Outlook if by some reason an email is changed ?

Brown.Gary.R
Level 1
Level 1

Our site administrator is a busy person and having to get him involved to delete a recurring meeting scheduled by a person no longer with our company is just plain stupid.  If I get a chance for input on a communication app for our company WebEx will get a thumbs down from me.