cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Retirement of webex meetings app

Ted S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I just got an e-mail stating webex meetings app users will will upgraded to just the webex app in the new year, is the webex meetings app being retired? I recall a meetings only mode for the webex app was shown before, will that still be an option?

4 Replies 4

@Ted S a meetings only mode is possible - in my organisation we only use meetings as well - Check article below how this can be done. 

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/n0pxtb8/Turn-Off-Messaging-or-Calling-for-Webex-App-Users#Cisco_Reference.dita_6329d6b3-f412-4b1e-bbcc-2fdb699a573e

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

The Webex Meetings app is not being retired that I'm aware of.  If you're on an android or apple device, you can download the meetings app or the "enterprise/business" app which has more functionality and will let you start meetings.  The meeting is still held in the Webex Meetings app though.  Here's a link to a great resource about what's new in Webex and there are other resource links as well.

You will also be able to continue to join meetings using the browser which does not require an app.  Functionality is not as robust as with the app though.

If you would like to provide more specific information on what your concerns are, myself and others in this space will do our best to help you out.  

Response Signature

On desktop devices there are plans to sunset the Webex Meetings application, unless you’re a FedRamp customer. Never seen an exact time frame for this, just that it is set to happen early next year.

@Ted S You can turn off messaging functionality in the Webex application by not providing the licenses for this to your users in Control Hub. Don’t know what can be set for the calling part for this. Better check with your CSM for this.

Response Signature

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Ted Syou should join the Webex Ambassador program.

There you will be able to discuss with Webex engineers, etc directly.

https://essentials.webex.com/ambassadors.html