Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Say 'Hi' to the new Webex Discussion

I want to verify something. Based on the Webex Updates beginning in January, Webex is pushing (forcing) the new Webex on everyone. This new Webex replaces Jabber and Cisco Webex Meetings desktop app because it incorporates these functions into the new Webex. Is that correct? What if we don't want to go that route? What if we want to keep Jabber and Cisco Webex Meetings desktop app as they are?

We have standardized our 5000+ user environment for those two apps for phone calls and chat (Jabber) and Webex meetings (Cisco Webex Meetings desktop app). We then use Microsoft Teams for chats, channels, Teams, etc.

If Cisco does push this update, I will turn off the chat feature for our Webex tenancy since we mainly use Microsoft Teams for that form of communication.

Does anyone else have this dilemma and how are you handling it?

Thanks, KM

1 Reply 1

dbeisly
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kenny, with the pushed update, maintaining Jabber is absolutely one of the valid routes, the update will migrate the Webex Meeting App to the Webex Desktop App, but will not touch Jabber, meaning you can continue as you do today. I believe if you receievd the email notifying you of the update one of the option on the click through is to maintain Jabber. 

However you may find that you can create a better user experience by consolidating into a single app, however fully appreciate your comments that you have standardised on the current environment. 
HTH, David

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.