cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Student accounts

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

I work at a small college in the northeast US. We've been using Webex for about 4 years now and unfortunately we're one of the folks that started out in Site Administrator and are now using both SA and Control Hub. Over the last 4 years we issued Webex accounts to staff and facility but not students. When the pandemic hit in March 2020 Webex starting offering free basic account and a few students used their student e-mail addresses to sign up for free accounts. As I've come to use Control Hub more and more I've verified and claimed my domains with out student domain being the last one claimed. I also claimed about 45 student accounts in the process. Unfortunately my site is SSO enabled and our students aren't in our main O365 tenant so those account are having login issues. 

So what is the best way to handle this? I believe I need to create a new site for students that is not SSO enabled, is that correct? If I do, is this done in SA or CH? How to I connect the student accounts currently in CH to the new site?

1 Accepted Solution

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

Just following up on this.... We ended up getting help from Webex to "roll back" the claim on the student accounts. I was told dual tenant authentication is coming... This would allow us to claim our student accounts and auth them via a second Azure tenant. Still waiting on this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

Just following up on this.... We ended up getting help from Webex to "roll back" the claim on the student accounts. I was told dual tenant authentication is coming... This would allow us to claim our student accounts and auth them via a second Azure tenant. Still waiting on this.

I am unsure if that feature is being released, may we watch out for the
releases on https://essentials.webex.com/whats-new.html but the steps
given to you in my previous post are tried and tested

Kind regards,
Bharadwaj

Bharadwaj GK
Level 1
Level 1

In this case, the ideal way we manage such users is ask them to login to settings.webex.com and once logged on to it, we ask them to delete their free account. After that's completed you can use the same email address and import them to your institutes Webex Site. 

Please try it and let me know if that helps, thank you! 

Kind regards,

Bharadwaj

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.