Views
Helpful
Replies

The best ordering solution for an hotel

RFC_2549
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are going to buy webex calling for an hotel with 150 analog phones (and 75 ATA 191 for making the analog phones work) but I have an buge doubt. Each phone is going to stay in a different room, the customer is a greenfield, initially I was thinking to A-WORK-3 with 150 committed licenses for professional user, but is it the best solution? I was thinking about using the A-WOK-3 solution with the uncommitted plan, buying 150 workspace licenses and keeping the uncommitted billing for the users. What is the best solution?

Thank You and kind regards

5 Replies 5

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Have you thought of a single AudioCodes 1288 instead of that large amount of ATAs? I assume there is enough twisted paid cabling available to a central point..

I assume you will not need any of the prof features for those users right? So a worplace license might be enough for them. As I've never been in touhc with calling plans, I cannot make you any suggestions on that. But at least here in Germany, I think most visitors have a mobile and hotels only need the phone to get their better hotel classification.. So I think there is no big bundle of minutes requires, at least over here..

I don'k know any info about the network of the hotel also I saw that the devices for common places can only register via QR code so I think that the solution is to use the "professional" licenses since with them is possible to use the registration via mac address

So getting to know about the cabling at the location is essential, I'd say.. otherwise you may have a solution that does not fit to the location and requirements..

ATAs can be configured in CH by their MAC address. After that, you can provision extensions to the individual ports. Any analogue device may be used at the ATA. It does not need to be provisioned by QR, MAC or whatever. The ATA will simply send signals via the wire. Good old non-ip technology

Hi @dtibbe sorry if I bother, but if I purchase a AudioCodes 1288 the registration will work on Webex Calling normally via mac address? Each port will be considered as a different device? I can't find any documentation
Thank You and kind regards

thanks, I agree on the first part but we have to do with what we have at the moment

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.