cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Auto dial out when first participant joins

PintoIslam
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of migrating to CUCM for our enterprise phone system. Our current system has a built in audio conference system. We are trying to keep the similar functionality when we migrate to CUCM. We also have WebEx accounts. Wondering if below requirements can be met by WebEx. 

Need 1: Issue individual users/departments their own conference bridge number (can be considered personal room number). This way they don't have to schedule a meeting in WebEx. They can provide the bridge number to the team when needed. (I believe this is Ad-hoc meeting, I saw each user can create up to 3 personal conference number)

Need 2: When someone joins one of these personal conference number (host or participant), can WebEx auto call out a predefined list of numbers? This is a big requirement for us. We are a big health care provider. When an external physician needs to transfer a patient, they call a central transport team. That team currently dials into our current audio bridge system and it blast dial the predefined list of internal physicians. Easy way to get the whole team together as needed.

If WebEx cannot do this, is there another Cisco product that can do that? I looked into Cisco Meeting server but did not see that option.

Any idea or suggestion you have would be highly appreciated

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Nathan Gageby
Level 4
Level 4

Need 1 - If you setup Expressway and URI dialing people can use the personal room sip address to start a meeting any time.  users.name@company.webex.com in most cases.  You could also use meet-me or conference now.

Need 2 - This sounds like a feature of a product called SPOK that is used in healthcare for similar concerns to what you have.  I am not aware of a built in method to accomplish this.  You could potentially use Singlewire Informacast on-prem or fusion as well.  There may also be similar functionality if you adopt Webex Teams as a soft phone but not identical.

Hope that gives you a start.