cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Directory Connector - Mismatched Objects

Esto
Level 1
Level 1

I have run a dry sync, 2000 objects added, 0 deleted, 300 matched, but 42 mismatched items.

It gives me an option to delete these objects, but Iif I chose to delete I get the following message:

42 mismatched items will be deleted from the cloud and wont be recoverable. This removes all space lists and conversation history. Instead, you can add these Objects in AD so that they match whats in the cloud, and then perform a dry run or manual sync. Are you sure you want to delete these objects?

This list is active users in AD. Not quite sure why they show mismatched? And what happens if I delete? I need to synch these users and perform a scheduled sync on a regular basis.

Need some clarification.

3 Replies 3

ltovarme
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is important to understand what is mismatched object: A user who is in Webex, no matter how the user has been added in Common Identity, but the user doesn't exist in Active Directory. It is called a Mismatched Object.

For example,
if someuser@cisco.com was synchronized in Webex and displayed in Control Hub but the same user
(someuser@cisco.com) is not managed by Active Directory, then the report shows the user is mismatch.

The dry run identifies the users by comparing them with domain users. The application can identify the users
if they belong to the current domain. In the next step, you must decide whether to delete the objects or retain
them. The mismatched objects are identified as already existing in the Webex cloud but not existing in the
on-premises Active Directory.

Single domain—Decide whether you want to keep the mismatched users. If you want to keep them,
choose No, retain objects; if you don't, choose Yes, delete objects. After you do these steps and manually
run a full sync so that there's an exact match between the premises and cloud, Directory Connector
automatically enables scheduled auto sync tasks.

This can be found int he following deployment guide https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/spark/hybridservices/directoryconnector/cmgt_b_directory-connector-guide-admins.pdf

Page 42.

Jesse D
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get clarification for this? I am in a similar situation but all the mismatched objects are inactive/disabled AD users, with the exception of three. 

I did. I sync via active directory filter. It doesnt care what I have locally in CUCM.