cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Meetings: How to delete meetings that I am invited to?

markus.nachtwey
Level 1
Level 1

I have accepted meetings that I had been invited to. In the meantime, these had been cancelled, they nevertheless still appear in both browser and desktop app. How do I delete these?

1 Accepted Solution

renukuma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Folks, 

Thank you for adding your feedback. While I understand that as attendees, it isn't convenient to receive notifications of the meeting for which host email address no longer exists (for reasons like he isn't part of that org etc), I would like to also tell that Webex cloud is designed to consider a meeting abandoned or obsolete meetings only if they ain't used for 6 months or longer.

Having said that, all of you do have a valid point in raising concern as a consumer of the product. Hence, I would have an enhancement request raised to find a way around this in the future.I am afraid no ETA can be committed the issue has 2 variables namely Cisco Webex and Microsoft Outlook, but we will do our best.

In the meantime, If there are such meetings where the host has left the organization but the meeting still appears, I would suggest you reach out to our TAC team and they can help you out.

Hope you find this helpful! 

Have a lovely day and Stay Safe!

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

michael.smyth1
Level 1
Level 1

hi, was this is rectified as we have numerous users with the same problem and we can't rid of recurring meetings appearing back in their calendar. We have some that use a generic email address acount so we cant use OWA to try and delete. Also have various advice from Cisco but none of these work

Thanks

Michael

renukuma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Folks, 

Thank you for adding your feedback. While I understand that as attendees, it isn't convenient to receive notifications of the meeting for which host email address no longer exists (for reasons like he isn't part of that org etc), I would like to also tell that Webex cloud is designed to consider a meeting abandoned or obsolete meetings only if they ain't used for 6 months or longer.

Having said that, all of you do have a valid point in raising concern as a consumer of the product. Hence, I would have an enhancement request raised to find a way around this in the future.I am afraid no ETA can be committed the issue has 2 variables namely Cisco Webex and Microsoft Outlook, but we will do our best.

In the meantime, If there are such meetings where the host has left the organization but the meeting still appears, I would suggest you reach out to our TAC team and they can help you out.

Hope you find this helpful! 

Hi, 

This is a simple software issue, not sure why WEBEX cannot provide a simple solution?  This thread is not solved, and should not be indicated as such.

How do we remove meetings no longer valid from the WEBEX platform?  

Regards

Flip

JOSEPHMOELLER
Level 1
Level 1

Just delete the meeting in your respective mail client.

It doesn't work: see previous emails (deleted in my Outlook but not on the Webex server)

Please read through the entire thread. This has been tried.

Jai.Cotman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar issue for personnel no longer employed by my company.  They have set up recurring meetings that were accepted when they were employed, however now that they are gone, I still get reminders to join their meetings.  A recommendation to Cisco...and I think it's a fairly simple solution.  

If a meeting has been cancelled or ended, then anyone who was a participant of said meeting should have it removed from their meetings calendar.  Removal from Outlook (client or OWA) is not a viable solution for Cisco proprietary systems (i.e. their online platforms), so how about giving attendees the option to delete a meeting from their profile, much like organizers have the option to edit or delete meetings?  Thanks, Cisco

Hi!

Fully agreed!
I face the same issue as I moved to another position … in the same company !

renukuma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Folks,

I understand the frustration of getting notification of a meeting you arent planning to attend.

I would like to give a straight answer by saying that attendees do not have much control however, below are few facts that might help you:

• If you are invited to an unintended webex meeting from Outlook, you can avoid getting notified about it by declining the meeting invitation.
  • If you are invited from the webex site(i.e if the meeting invite is from messenger@webex.com) then the meeting invite will bother you only if the meeting is added to your calendar, otherwise, it would certainly be listed on the webex site under "Meetings" but not notify you.
  • If you are intending that the meeting shouldn't be listed under your "Meetings" tab as well, I suggest you reach out to the host and un-invite you to such meeting by replying to the original meeting invite (i.e to the email you have received from messenger@webex.com) which goes straight to meeting host.

Hope you find this helpful ! 

Hello

Thks for your answer but it doesn't help at all as the webex meetings are registered in my webex calendar (weekly or monthly meetings organized some months ago by a host whom I contacted many times to in-invite me... without any success!

I really do not understand why, as an invitee, I can't remove myself from those meetings... This is clearly a bug in webex functionalities.

Hope you will fix it soon!

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, as has already been stated, the issue isn't that we've been accidentally invited to a meeting.  More that we (certainly in my case) are invited to meetings by hosts that have left the organisation.  

The calendar invite is GONE from MS Outlook.  Completely.  The only place it appears is in the Webex site and most annoyingly in pop-ups when the recurring meeting would have occurred.

I can still see the Office 365 calendar of the user that has left the organisation.  There IS NO MEETING in his Outlook calendar.  Why then am I (and others in my team) still plagued by a meeting request from someone that no longer works with us?  It's maddening.

jason.mountjoy
Level 1
Level 1

I'm grateful to have just been promoted into a position where I can influence getting this MS Teams wannabe off 30,000 PCs.  And save a boatload of money in the process.

pbabcock
Level 1
Level 1

So, Webex has no solution to these nuisance meeting notices? Come on, man! There has to be a way to edit the calendar that Webex creates! I guess I'll be disabling notices from Webex Meet going forward...

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Is the meeting also present in your meeting view if you log into you meeting site?

Yes, the meeting is still present in my meeting view if I log into my meeting site?

ktwong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Remove the meeting from outlook and it will disappear from desktop after syncing up.

Response Signature

it doesn't work: meetings are deleted on Outlook but not in Webex

I agree, the problem is that the meeting has been removed from my calendar, but it continues to pop up as a reminder to start the meeting every week.  I cannot figure out where to go in Webex to cancel it.