cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Meetings on Facebook Live

dadibert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's been a new surge of interest in streaming Webex Meetings to Facebook Live to easily accommodate large groups of users and to do chat questions with live responses from a panel of speakers on a Webex meeting (Town hall meetings, large team meetings, company meetings, emergency response, etc...)

To help, all the information needed to do this was put in one place to make it easy.   See 

David Dibert
Director, Global Technical Support
Cisco Systems, Inc.
4 Replies 4

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I have a customer, who like to stream directly to their business page in Facebook. The business page has been created using a private account.

When the customer logs in to their Facebook account, when clicking "Start streaming to Facebook", then they can only chose between the "Share on Your Page" or "Share on Your Timeline", but not another page (e.g. their business page). Is this feature planned?

The only workaround would be to create a dedicated account for the business page, but this is not feasible in the customer's case.

Best regards,

Igor

ytejima
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Dave,

This is great indeed. I can get Webex meeting stream to Facebook timeline.
However I was not allow to get it stream to my facebook group (not public but private).
Is it supported for facebook group as well?

Yes, If you want to live stream to a Facebook group, the group admin must add the Cisco Webex Meetings app to the group.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/ka80pdb/Stream-Your-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-or-Events-to-Facebook-Live#topic_FECBAA820BCCE114E2F7EA65A61C07D0

dadibert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Now Webex streams to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and all stanard RTMP streaming services.  See https://blog.webex.com/webex-meetings/live-streaming-with-webex-meetings-for-your-virtual-events-whats-new-and-how-to-use-it/

David Dibert
Director, Global Technical Support
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.