cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex preventing Apple Mac book pro from going to sleep

sagrubb1965
Level 1
Level 1

WE are having an issue with MAC Book Pro , when user shuts it and expects it to go to sleep, it doesn't. It is saying Webex is keeping it running. 

Cisco Webex meetings is at 39.8.3.902

5 Replies 5

chrisconnolly
Level 1
Level 1

Trying shutting off ultrasonic device pairing which keeps the microphone and speakers active when in use by disabling the automatically discover nearby devices option in Webex.

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Guys

Looks lik it´s known issue...

Check this out:

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvo70436

Please Remember rate the reply

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

BenniD
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same Problem, Activity Monitor says, that WebEx Productivity Tools is blocking my Mac from going to sleep. Workaround is to close Outlook and check, if the process is killed, otherwise my Mac will not go to sleep. 

Activity Monitor (ja = yes)Activity Monitor (ja = yes)

I am facing the exact same issue. 

Rapha
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here. Running Webex Productivity Tools 39.10.2.6 for Outlook integration. These process is preventing sleep of my Mac (Mac OS 10.14.6).

The command "pmset -g" shows the power settings. There it is mentioned "sleep prevented by Webex Productivity Tools". Also Acitivity Monitor in the Energy tab shows that.

As soon as I close Outlook, also the Webex process is closed and sleep works again.

Maybe an update will fix that issue?