cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Teams: feedback and suggestions

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Although this forum seems to be pretty much dead, I will post my feedback and suggestions to Webex Teams here:

first: I am just a private person using a free Webex-Account; no Exchange-Server, no Outlook, no Office365 available.

* the german interface of the Teams-Client is translated incompletely resulting in an ugly language mix.

* this is annoying since there is no option to change the interface-language (compare to zoom-Client..)

* often the german text is too long to fit into the text-boxes = confusing: what does that mean?

* while the Meetings-Client offers to schedule meetings by opening my webex-Account in a webbrowser, the Teams client does NOT offer this - the button simply does nothing.

* the Meetings (stored in the webex-Calendar) shown on my webex-Account-Webpage are not shown in Teams. illogical.

* the differentiation between Teams and Spaces is confusing; even more since they both have the same default-Icon.

* still no option to assign color-tags to teams or spaces

* The very same PhoneNumber is listet as "toll free" in the Teams-Client but as "toll" on my webex-Account-WebPage.

* I set to show the Austrian PhoneNumber in my webex-invitations. But instead the british Number is shown in invitations ?!?

* The Android-App allows me to connect Webex/Webex Teams with my standard Google-Account/-Calendar. The Windows-Clients do not - they require me to have a G-Suite Business-Account !?!?

* The Teams-Client on Android has a bug in the Calendar-View: Touch-event is recorded at wrong screen location.

* Teams Client on Android: issue when screen is rotated: "do not disturb"-options get lost

* Teams Client on Windows: When typing a message, you can not scroll through the message-history above; you have to click into the history-panel first, then click into the message-area to continue typing.. very annoying.

* my invitees can not join via webbrowser: they are forced to log on with a cisco account. (or download the webex-Software) Did no find a solution in the "Site-Settings"... (no such issue with zoom or even the old Skype...)

Attached you find some screenshots.

thanks for reading.

kind regards

Fritz

1 Reply 1

coolnank262
Level 1
Level 1

If Webex continued to be a good product (it was great when it started out is what I hear) and not become complacent, we would not have a company called Zoom today. And Zoom (and others) are the *only* reason, Webex is even churning out new features.

Now coming to Webex teams, it looks like it is a result of a poorly executed, speedy plan by the vision-lacking gentlemen at Webex to compete with products like MS Teams. Webex teams = Skype + Slack. That is my take on Webex teams - they basically tried to produce something by combining apples and oranges, which obviously ended in disaster.

More than anything, it is 2022 and this thing is so buggy ("Leaving" a Team opens a new page on the browser.. I mean this is 2022!!!) and has a crappy user experience (lack of quality UX talent at the helm?) that it looks to me like its from 2010s.

This thread is from a gentleman who took the time to give feedback and yet there are no replies on this whatsoever from anybody in the last 2 years which indicates two things - 1) The webex team is immune to feedback. 2) Not many people use Webex. Stay away from webex!

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.