cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Video Mesh - capacity and cuncurrent calls

marco_81
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco Video Mesh deployment Guide provide a section about system capacity, this is a copy\paste from it:

Factors that influence the capacity are the type of devices and clients in a meeting, resolution, quality of network, peak load, deployment, and so on.

This document lists some example scenarios under which the capacity of system was tested.:

• Scenario 1—2 Cisco Webex Teams participants are in a meeting. Both the participants are within the enterprise network, using the same Webex Video Mesh node.
  • Scenario 2—Multiple SIP participants are in a meeting. All the participants are placed on the same Video Mesh node.

Platform

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

Cisco Meeting Server 1000 (CMS 1000) (Full Version)

100 (up to 720p)

35 (up to 1080p)

75 (up to720p)

38 (up to 1080p)

MM410v (Full Version)

100 (up to 720p)

35 (up to1080p)

65 (720p)

28 (1080p)

Supposing we are employing MM410v, is it correct below interpretation?

Scanario1

100 (up to 720p) --> this mean can have up to 100 meeting (each made of 2 participants) at 720p?

35 (up to1080p)  --> this mean can have up to 35 meeting (each made of 2 participants) at 1080p?

Scenario 2

65 (720p)           --> this mean can have one meeting joined by 65 participants at 720p?

28 (1080p)        --> this mean can have one meeting joined by 28 participants at 1080?

would be great if someone can help

5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When I did my testing using DX80 and SX80's, Video Mesh Node displayed the call status as 2 calls for one Point-2-Point call.

Capture.JPG

For two simultaneous Point-2-Point calls, it displayed the call status as 4 calls.

Untitled.png

My assumption is that each endpoint connection to the Video Mesh Node is treated as Call. In the Cisco Webex Video Mesh Deployment Guide, the headline of the topic says Call Capacity on Webex Video Mesh Node Platforms. So baseed on this:

Scanario1 - 

100 (up to 720p) --> 100 simultaneous connections to Video Mesh Node at 720p.

35 (up to1080p)  --> 35 simultaneous connections to Video Mesh Node at 1080p.

Scenario 2

65 (720p)           --> 65 simultaneous connections to Video Mesh Node at 720p.

28 (1080p)        -->  28 simultaneous connections to Video Mesh Node at 1080p.

Also note that the capacity of a Webex Video Mesh node in a cluster can vary. Factors that influence the capacity are the type of devices and clients in a meeting, resolution, quality of network, peak load, deployment, and so on.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

This was very helpful with our capacity planning; thanks very much
Brad

To reiterate/clarify, the capacity table in the Video Mesh deployment guide refers to per-participant calls not meetings. 

bradatbcass
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm also trying to interpret this table and what exactly a "call" means. Is a 'call' one meeting with 2 people? Is 100 'calls' 100 meetings with 2 people, or 50 meetings with 4 people and so on?

Good questions, it is worded very oddly. Typically, when dealing with CMS, a "call" is a meeting and a "call leg" is a participant. Not sure that helps much, but thought I would throw it out there.
Thanks,
Justin Ferello
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.