cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aunto attendant un control hub

dgonzalez1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my custoemr wants to add a prompt for calls they receive in theur main number. This is a pstn number that is linked to one extension. Promt should be heard before the call is forwared to that extension.

I assume this can be done with auto attendant feature. I created an auto attendant, loaded the audio file in .wav format, and I could assing it to the main number, but when I want to add also an extension it says "extension already in use". Should it be an unused extension then? How can I get the call forwarded to the correct extension then?

Currently, the auto attendant is created only for the main number and activated, but when you call from the pstn to that number the prompt is not heard. What could be missing?

Than you.

1 Accepted Solution

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

An auto attendant is normally used if you want the user to interact with the prompt, for instance press 1 for sales, 2 for technical assistant etc. For sure, you can also use it for the prompt only. You'd have to add a transfer to operator option: that one will be done if no user input was detected for 10s after the announcement finished.

You may also create a call queue/hunt group with an mandantory welcome message and only your user as only agent in there.

Each DID may only be used once. You may either use it for the user or for the attendant. In your case, you should assign it to the attendant and another one for the user. The user may use a special caller id configuration in order to send the attendant's DID when calling out.

How did you record the greeting? Does it match the required format?

See https://help.webex.com/nsioxoi/ for more details

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

An auto attendant is normally used if you want the user to interact with the prompt, for instance press 1 for sales, 2 for technical assistant etc. For sure, you can also use it for the prompt only. You'd have to add a transfer to operator option: that one will be done if no user input was detected for 10s after the announcement finished.

You may also create a call queue/hunt group with an mandantory welcome message and only your user as only agent in there.

Each DID may only be used once. You may either use it for the user or for the attendant. In your case, you should assign it to the attendant and another one for the user. The user may use a special caller id configuration in order to send the attendant's DID when calling out.

How did you record the greeting? Does it match the required format?

See https://help.webex.com/nsioxoi/ for more details

Indeed, I had a translation in the gateway from the main number to that particular extension, that's way I couln't find the link in the control hub.

Finally, I configured a Call Queue, because with the auto attendant you had to wait for the time out to expire and also it added an extra prompt saying "your call is being transfered" which was not good.

So, I created a Call Queue with just one extension on it and assigned it to an unused number. Then in the gateway I made tha change to convert the main number to that new number I created for the Call Queue, and it is workking fine.

Thank you!

I think mi issue is that the main number transfers to an extension, so whatever I configure for the main number is not applied because the call is first addressed to that extension, but I can't find where this link is configured.

Hi dtibbe, I configured the auto attendant menu with a "transfer to operator" in option zero(0) and a phone number, but after the time out expires I hear the announcement "Your call cannot be transferred, please try again later".

Byt the way, can't the time out value be modified to make it shorter?

Thanks!

The timeout is currently fixed to 10s, no way to change it. I think there is a feature request for that in AHA, but no commitment so far..

Ok, thank you. I'm going to evaluate these options.

The greeting was sent by the customer. I had to edit it with Audacity in order to match the required format and it was accepted (at first the upload failed).

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.