cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call remains active for audio conference initiator

rinesh_pat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are testing various call scenarios in Webex Calling using Cisco MPP devices and the Webex App.  During the testing we observed that the call remains active for the audio conference initiator from either device type even after the other parties hang up.  Take for example I received and a answer a call, then I need to add another party to the call and bring the parties into the conference.  The other two parties later hang up their calls and the call is still active for me until I hang up.

When the devices are enterprise and registered to Cisco Unified Communications manger the behavior is different, if all parties hang up their calls the call ends automatically for the conference initiator.  Is there anything on the roadmap to make the this call behavior in Webex Calling similar to Cisco UCM?  It will make it easier to the callers if the call ends for the initiator.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

kctrey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The reason this happens is because of the technology used to create a conference on Webex Calling. Unlike CUCM, n-way conference on Webex Calling uses a Meet-Me conference bridge in the cloud. Although you don't see it, there is actually a Conference ID where someone could join the conference. And, just like a Webex Meeting, you, as the conference creator, are the host of the meeting and can choose when to end it.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.