Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can´t initiate Webex Phone Services on Webex App

Hello, got some problem to initiate Webex Phone Services on my Webex App, I define the UCM address and domain but there is no option to input credentials to log in when I press the option Connect, can someone help me with the requirement configuration for this issue, including initial setup, I follow the deployment guide but something is missing in my configuration.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

1 Accepted Solution

Hi @Juan Carlos Arias Perez,

thanks a lot for the details. Based on this information, the Webex App does not trust the Tomcat certificate and hence cannot connect to the UDS service.

There is an option in Control Hub to disable certificate verification for CUCM, but I would advise to do so. Please find below the reference documentation:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/wbxt/ucmcalling/unified-cm-wbx-teams-deployment-guide/unified-cm-wbx-teams-deployment-guide_appendix_0100.html#id_112746

If possible, I would recommend to at least sign the Tomcat by trusted CA (it can be private one, as long as it is in the client's trust store or a public one), then you would not get this issue.

SSO is not required for the Webex App in UCM Calling mode. However, if you use SSO on Webex, it makes sense to enable it on CUCM as well, so that you have a seamless login behaviour (i.e. the user would only have to authenticate once towards Webex and it would also automatically authenticate the user towards CUCM, so that the user does not have to add extra credentials for CUCM).

Best regards,

Igor 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

could it be that your CUCM Tomcat certificate is self-signed? I assume that you are not using SSO on CUCM side, correct?

Best regards,

Igor 

Hello @Igor Lukic , question, it´s a requirement to make it work to use SSO on CUCM??

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

Answered in the reply above.

Hello Igor, that´s right, my CUCM Tomcat certificate is self-signed and not using SSO.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

thanks a lot for the details. Based on this information, the Webex App does not trust the Tomcat certificate and hence cannot connect to the UDS service.

There is an option in Control Hub to disable certificate verification for CUCM, but I would advise to do so. Please find below the reference documentation:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/wbxt/ucmcalling/unified-cm-wbx-teams-deployment-guide/unified-cm-wbx-teams-deployment-guide_appendix_0100.html#id_112746

If possible, I would recommend to at least sign the Tomcat by trusted CA (it can be private one, as long as it is in the client's trust store or a public one), then you would not get this issue.

SSO is not required for the Webex App in UCM Calling mode. However, if you use SSO on Webex, it makes sense to enable it on CUCM as well, so that you have a seamless login behaviour (i.e. the user would only have to authenticate once towards Webex and it would also automatically authenticate the user towards CUCM, so that the user does not have to add extra credentials for CUCM).

Best regards,

Igor 

Hello @Igor Lukic , thanks for your help, I will work on it, I notice that have some other issues with Local Gateway.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

Hello @Juan Carlos Arias Perez,

I am glad that I could help! Thanks a lot for marking my post as a solution!

Best regards,

Igor