Views
Helpful
Replies

Make a Standard Webex without 10s delay

bartounet16
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am deploying the Webex calling solution within my company

I would like to do something quite simple when someone calls my switchboard number, it plays an announcement and transfers directly to a number

but I can't do it I have created an automatic standard that plays the announcement But if I put in option 0 "forward to an operator" it works but we have a 10 second delay and a message "your call will be forwarded to an operator"

It works but it is not practical I would like it to read my announcement and transfer directly without having to wait 10 seconds and without hearing a second message other than my announcement

Can you help me??

1 Accepted Solution

That could have several reasons: Are the agents available and logged into the queue? As we've been talking about a call forward and some scheduling, is the schedule setup properly?

What happens instead, is the call getting redirected to the overflow target or is the call staying in the queue?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

If you want to forward those calls to a HG: Why not using the CQ instead? Assign the agents directly to the CQ instead of using the HG additionally.
I also just tested here but I was able to configure the HG as overflow destination for the CQ.

For the CQ, you may configure a selective call forward and assign a holiday/business hours schedule to it. You may also configure other conditions and exceptions when to forward or not. Simply access the CQ's Call Forwarding slide out.

Hello

I don"t understand, using CQ , agent in the CS are not called !!!

bartounet16_0-1727005956541.png

why phone are not ringing in my CQ ??

That could have several reasons: Are the agents available and logged into the queue? As we've been talking about a call forward and some scheduling, is the schedule setup properly?

What happens instead, is the call getting redirected to the overflow target or is the call staying in the queue?

bartounet16
Level 1
Level 1

.Thank you very much for your help.

I did not know about the queue system It is interesting,

I can indeed get the expected transfer behavior right after the announcement

However, I have the impression that there are limitations compared to the IVR

1 - we cannot send call to a hunt group

2 - we cannot use the calendar to have different announcements depending on the times ?

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

The Auto Attendant transfer to operator timeout is currently fixed to 10s. I think may people requested to adjust it, maybe such a feature will be available in the future.

But you can achieve the same by configuring a call queue. Set a mandantory announcement. Do not assign any operators to the queue and configure overflow to you desired target number.