cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Always on screens?

Joseph4034
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure what the proper terminology is, but, we are using the Cisco Webex room kits. Management would like to have coffee room systems to continually stream a meeting between each other, so if personnel are in the room they can say hello, have impromptu meetings, etc. Is this possible 

1 Accepted Solution

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Webex Meetings and direct calls are both subject to a maximum call timer. You might be able to write a macro for the Room Kit that automatically initiated a call to the other endpoint after the endpoint boots or a call ends though. On the receiving side you could either enable auto-answer or write a macro to auto-answer only if the calling URI is the other endpoint.

There have been a couple of startups trying to make a go of this niche use case. To my knowledge none have seen major success though, so be careful with your money. One example is Video Window. This is not an endorsement and they have no affiliation to Cisco AFAIK.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph4034
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Jonathan for your input was very useful!

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Webex Meetings and direct calls are both subject to a maximum call timer. You might be able to write a macro for the Room Kit that automatically initiated a call to the other endpoint after the endpoint boots or a call ends though. On the receiving side you could either enable auto-answer or write a macro to auto-answer only if the calling URI is the other endpoint.

There have been a couple of startups trying to make a go of this niche use case. To my knowledge none have seen major success though, so be careful with your money. One example is Video Window. This is not an endorsement and they have no affiliation to Cisco AFAIK.