Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 730 volume on microphone is too low with latest firmware

Hello,

Today we received new 730 headsets to test with. I upgraded the headset immediately to the latest firmware. I'm getting complaints from other parties that when I'm in Jabber, or Webex that they can hardly hear my voice. I've put all aids like ANC on the headphone and NC in the applications off and the volume of the microphone to maximum. It all doesn't work, my voice doesn't become louder. When connecting another wireless headset, like the one I have from Jabra doesn't give any of these problems. Is there a way to increase the volume of the microphone any further?

Regards,

Jeroen

1 Accepted Solution
12 Replies 12

I updated the headset, which had the issue, with the new firmware and the problem is solved

Thank you for notifying us. I’ll test the new version and see if it works

Issue seems to be solved by the firmware upgrade

alexandrustoica
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue since I bought them.

however what I have noticed is if I enable the lower your voice (sidetone), then if I speak louder, my voice is better amplified, but if my speech is not continue and I stop for several seconds if I don’t resume in the same loud tone, the other parties hear me like I am far away.

I tried to record myself using the recorder app on my iPad and I can hear me pretty well. It looks like the issue is with video calls over Webex or Webex meetings.

I will try with Other apps like MS Teams to see if u have the same issue.

Also I would like to mention that I bought the headset in Belgium so this makes me think if it was not an hardware issue with the units in BENELUX and we got unlucky.

Exactly the same issue here in Hungary so I don't think its a "BENELUX" regional problem. Or I got my from the same batch.

ADAPTER FIRMWARE
1-3-12-ea2e37c

HEADSET FIRMWARE
1-7-0-138

o, not a silly question. Yes they were both upgraded.

Can you please submit your logs using the phone app? 

Have you tried using the headset one your mobile phone for calls? Do you get the same results? 

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, 

Are you using the native blue tooth on your laptop/computer or the provided USB dongle?

there is an FAQ here which might be beneficial: https://community.cisco.com/t5/accessories/cisco-headset-700-series-troubleshooting-and-faq/td-p/4435420

Thanks

I've used both options. Same result. I checked the FAQ already before putting my question here as the FAQ didn't describe this problem I'm having.

Silly question, but have you upgraded the USB dongle firmware as well?

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.