cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Room Kit Mini to Room Kit Pro Codec?

Adam_1132913
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody.

Without getting too deep into the weeds about why I need to connect these two devices.  Has anyone connected the room kit mini to a room kit pro codec?  I need to utilize the 120 degree camera, mic and speakers of a mini plus the three video outputs of the codec pro.  I connected the mini using the C type to HDMI dongle, and then HDMI input for my camera on the pro, but I was unable to see any video.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

nathanaelb
Level 4
Level 4

I honestly dont think there is any way to do this.  You would not normally connect two Codecs together.

MINI only has HDMI presentation in and HDMI to display out.  The USB C is only used for used pass-through when connected to a laptop (use as a webcam).

• What are you intending on outputting from the MINI?  Do you just need to output same content to three different displays?
  • If you want to output  FAR END and Presentation from the from a CODEC you could use something like the Room Kit plus or Room Kit
  • If you want want the flexibility of the CODEC Pro and a wide angle camera you would probable need a third party camera and mics connected to the codec pro
  • If you want the all in one MIC/Speaker all in one you could also use the Room Kit (not mini)

The short of the answer is that these two units aren't meant to work together.  Would need to understand what you are looking to achieve to provide some additional guidance.