cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Join Google Meet calls from a Cisco Webex device

takashi.anraku
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to make the Webex device (Webex Room Kit Pro Precision 60) to allow Webex systems to connect a Google Meet without asking but even I followed the procedure, when I joined a meeting, still requires for a host accept the device to connect.

I contacted Webex and Google but nobody hasn't helped me out.

Google told me they didn't recommend to use third party device to join a Google Meet and they didn't support.

I need someone's help.

Takashi Anraku
1 Accepted Solution

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately you are asking cisco forum a question only google can answer.  The own the meeting platform and how users authenticate to meetings.  A few years back the room kit registered to CUCM did the same thing when joining a webex.  If the endpoint was first to the meeting Webex would announce "if your the host please enter the host pin".  Then as devices moved to webex edge and eventually the cloud Webex allowed devices it trusted (i.e. cloud registered room kits, or webex edge registered) to join without being held in a lobby instance.

The ask you have would be a feature controlled by google meeting platform.  Sorry this does not solve your issue.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately you are asking cisco forum a question only google can answer.  The own the meeting platform and how users authenticate to meetings.  A few years back the room kit registered to CUCM did the same thing when joining a webex.  If the endpoint was first to the meeting Webex would announce "if your the host please enter the host pin".  Then as devices moved to webex edge and eventually the cloud Webex allowed devices it trusted (i.e. cloud registered room kits, or webex edge registered) to join without being held in a lobby instance.

The ask you have would be a feature controlled by google meeting platform.  Sorry this does not solve your issue.

progers
Level 1
Level 1

You're missing the Interoperability token. It needs to be set in Google under your account domain for the room kit to join meetings without needs the host's approval. 

Google Meet.PNG

Even though I added a token and status shows as interoperability taken active but still needs to wait to be admitted as a guest.

A token from test domain works but a token from production domain doesn't work.

Takashi Anraku

Hi,

Have you followed below procedure:

1. Sign in to your Google Admin consoleSign in using an administrator account, not your test or personal account.
  2. From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps  > Google Workspace  > Google Mee
  3. Click Interoperability tokens > Add a token
  4. Select Cisco from the dropdown menu.
  5. Enter a token name for your own reference and click Create a token.
  6. Copy the token to your clipboard and click Close
    Important: Be sure to copy the token. It will not be shown again
  7. Go to Cisco Webex Control Hub and add your unique token.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thank you for the instruction.  I have done that already but still not working.  A token from test domain worked but from production didn't work.

Takashi Anraku

I’ve never used Google meet, but isn’t it the normal operation to put unauthenticated, guests or whatever this is called on the Google end, into a lobby for the host to let them into the meeting? This is anyway how this operates in other meeting platforms that I’ve used.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.