Views
Helpful
Replies

Not possible to upgrade my LG Phone - webex does not allow login

zcherian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi
I am stuck with an Android version on my LG Phone. Since today the webex app just stopped working. It wants me to login in and will not proceed further without upgrading the OS.  The LG Phone tells me there are no updates to apply - basically there have been no upgrades for quite some time.

It looks like the webex mobile app will not work anymore on my phone. Is there a workaround?

thanks

Zach

3 Replies 3

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

How about uninstall the app and reinstall instead of trying to upgrade?

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/fz1e4b/System-requirements-for-Webex-services

System Requirements if you need them.

• Android Smartphones

• Oreo 8.0 and later (3GB of RAM required).

• Some features require additional system requirements:

• Virtual or blurred background in calls and meetings

• Operating System—Android 9.0 (Pie) and later

• Processor:

• Snapdragon 845

• Samsung Exynos 9810

• Equivalent processors with eight or more cores

• Memory—3.5 GB or more of RAM

•  

So I tried that too earlier ie., just re-installing the app, and it does not like the Android OS version and wants me to upgrade. During install it shows a message asking me to go to settings and update the OS which the LG phone does not allow ie., it has no update or upgrade to apply.
So I was wondering if there was a way to make webex install happy so that I can move ahead in the process.

Unfortunately, your phone appears to be running a very old OS, so, with the new versions of the application which require newer OS functionality, you won't be able to use the app on your phone.   You may still be able to access webex via a web browser on the phone (after uninstalling the app).  It's not as convenient, but that is one of the downsides of using a very old device.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.