cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One display output Landscape and one display portrait Room Kit Pro

vtuley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client Who wants a content display to be in landscape mode and a secondary display in portrait mode for meeting participants.  Can a Webex Room Kit Pro be setup to accomodate that? 

3 Replies 3

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Short answer - no. I'm curious as to anyone would want to do this, the far end video images are typically going to be 16:9 aspect ration - by turning it 90 degrees it's now 9:16, the images would not be in the same ratio as the screen. How would that work?

Thank you PJ:  The request is to have content large and in 16:9 aspect ratio with a larger display call it a 98" display.  They just want to show the active participants who are in the meeting on the adjacent displays in a portrait style layout.  The end goal is fill a Niche and not reframe an entire milled out wall.  My next option is DVLED 21:9 display with a video processor.  Or a tiled video wall.

Here's an idea for you - are these meetings primarily Webex meetings? If so, consider a third monitor. Many people don't realize this because most meetings have content, but if you're in a Webex meeting with a two screen system and no content, Webex will deliver video to both screens - one will be divided (Brady Bunch like), and the other voice switched, dedicated to the active speaker. If you have three monitors (which the RK Pro supports), you can have this and content. So perhaps (thinking out of the box here), have your 98 for content and then perhaps two 65's one over the other. It would be a similar look to what you're suggesting and would be much less expensive, no external processing needed. Hope this helps!