cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presentation issue with a SX-20 that's registered to Webex cloud

ctanner01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SX-20 device that is registered to the cloud and one of our users was not able to share their desktop presentation. She noted a message that states 'Network connection issues' 'sharing may not work'. I created a test call this morning and I could see the presentation preview but when I selected "Share in call" all I received was a spinning icon. After several minutes, the presentation appeared during the call.

2 Replies 2

Enrico Conedera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello “ctanner01”!
The SX20 is pretty good at presentations, so I would not expect issues.  But here are some of the things to consider:

* Is the laptop connected via an HDMI cable to the presentation input on the SX20?  (That would be an HDMI to DVI cable.)

* Or are they using wireless presentation?

* * If wireless, are they using the Teams client, or the Webex Desktop client?

I think if they are using wireless, then network problems could interfere.  The wireless presentation needs to go from the laptop to the Webex cloud (to the Internet, basically), and then returns to the SX20 for sharing.  Normally this works just fine, but if there are any problems in the network - for example not enough bandwidth available - then it would create the kind of problems you are seeing.

If all of this sounds familiar, here is what I suggest.

During a call, with or without presentation, bring up Call Statistics on the SX20.  How you do this differs according to if you are using a Touch 10 or a TRC6 remote control.  But once you bring up call statistics, look for packet loss.  If you see packet loss that is more than 2% or so, you have found the source of the problem - not enough bandwidth between the SX20 and the Internet.

You would get better results using an HDMI cable in this case.

Hope this helps.

Hello Enrico,

The computer is connected to a VGA-DVI cable that runs back to the presentation input on the SX20 codec. At the current time, we are unable to update all of our classrooms with digital equipment so some of our classrooms still have a mix of analog equipment in them. In addition, the equipment in this room has been working before for quite sometime and we just recently registered all of our telepresence devices to the cloud which is where I first encountered the issue. I did some research to see what network traffic needs to be open for webex calls and sent that over to our network administrator. In addition, I have not went down the path of wireless screen sharing yet via teams, webex meeting, or through telepresence because from time to time I encounter a message that says unable to verify the ultrasound signal. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.