cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Desk Mini Audio Issues

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

When using the Webex Desk Mini connected via USB-C to a laptop, I am running into audio issues. I am told by the people on the other end the audio sounds distorted.  The audio on my end sounds clear and picture is fine both ways.  This only happens when using the device as a USB passthrough device for the mic and camera to the laptop.  If I choose to connect to the device in the Webex App and the call then gets placed from the actual desk device then it works without issue.  This is only an issue when using the device as a webcam and mic/speakers.  This is making me think it may be a driver issue, but I have tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers and it did not fix the problem.

Video Conferencing Software platform: Webex App or MS Teams

RAM: 16 GB

2 Replies 2

stevcox
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just had the same issue, the microphone Input Level was pinned to the maximum. I suspect it is because I plugged in the Mini and went right into a call without testing the devices audio settings first. Check in "Audio" (for what ever app your using) and back the microphone input down.

Garvan Long
Spotlight
Spotlight

This may also be a compute limitation of the laptop device if it works fine when using the Desk Mini stand alone, most Collab apps have server impact on CPU especially if you use virtual backgrounds while in a call. If you can hear the fans spinning its a good indicator that compute is an issue

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.