cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Desktop Cam

JBozarth
Level 1
Level 1

So I have a user that just installed the Webex Desktop Cam.  When in a meeting with the virtual background on he is getting a blurred fringe around his body.  It will sometimes blur out the fringe of his face.  Is there any way to adjust this?  They are using Webex Teams and has this camera selected in Webex Teams.  I updated WinVer to 20H2 and updated all drivers and Bios.  Using Microsoft Teams and other video conferencing applications I have always seen this happen. To me this is normal and there isn't really anything that can be done about, but wanted to reach out to see is anything that can done?  

1 Accepted Solution

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

To some degree, this is going to be normal.  The camera (any camera) has to discern between the "head & shoulders" profile (how most of these apps are configured) and how to lay in the virtual background. Ways to improve this:
1. Good frontal lighting of the user's face.  Your user actually looks fairly well lit.

2. Contrast between the person and their natural background.  For instance, I am fair and blond.  I should not sit in front of a beige wall if I want the camera so "see" me well.  If the user has a dark wall and wears lighter clothing...that is helpful.

3. Ensure the PC meets specs and is not overloaded.

Here's an article from Cisco Help: https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/80jduab/Use-a-virtual-background-in-the-Webex-Meetings-suite#id_138545

Response Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

To some degree, this is going to be normal.  The camera (any camera) has to discern between the "head & shoulders" profile (how most of these apps are configured) and how to lay in the virtual background. Ways to improve this:
1. Good frontal lighting of the user's face.  Your user actually looks fairly well lit.

2. Contrast between the person and their natural background.  For instance, I am fair and blond.  I should not sit in front of a beige wall if I want the camera so "see" me well.  If the user has a dark wall and wears lighter clothing...that is helpful.

3. Ensure the PC meets specs and is not overloaded.

Here's an article from Cisco Help: https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/80jduab/Use-a-virtual-background-in-the-Webex-Meetings-suite#id_138545

Response Signature