cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex room kit RJ45 ports

Ned Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, if i have a cisco room kit connected to my network and then connect my laptop to the touch panel port, do i get internet access via the touch panel port on my laptop?

1 Accepted Solution

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The answer to your question is No, any devices connected to the other ports of the codec will not get access to the network attached to the standard network port.   These additional ports are internal to the codec and for connecting devices such as the Touch Navigtator and/or cameras only.  There is no pass-through between them and the normal LAN connector.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The answer to your question is No, any devices connected to the other ports of the codec will not get access to the network attached to the standard network port.   These additional ports are internal to the codec and for connecting devices such as the Touch Navigtator and/or cameras only.  There is no pass-through between them and the normal LAN connector.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the detailed explanation Wayne. This is exactly what I was looking for!

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

no

Ned Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am aware of that but would still like to know the answer to my question. If I, or a customer were to unplug the touch panel and connect that cable to a laptop, would the laptop have internet access?

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The touch panel has only one ethernet port on it and that is meant to be used to pair to your codec/room kit via a direct connect to the room kit or to the network. Its not meant to be a general purpose ethernet port for a use to plug into to use for a laptop/pc.
Thanks ashish

Response Signature

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am aware of that but would still like to know the answer to my question. If I, or a customer were to unplug the touch panel and connect that cable to a laptop, would the laptop have internet access?

No it would not. That port is designed solely for peripheral devices (the touch 10 in this case, RK plus/pro also have Ethernet ports for camera(s). It is not a switch port like you'd find on a phone or DX. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.