cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When will there be a "Join Zoom" button on Cisco Navigator panels?

jfranchetti
Level 1
Level 1

This was highlighted in the past, but now doesn't seem to be talked about.

Being able to easily join Zoom (and Teams) meetings directly in rooms with Webex Devices is important.   I know we can do "USB passthrough," but that is a nice secondary option.

9 Replies 9

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all,

as @Roger Kallberg pointed out, either the host or you (as the attendee) will need a Zoom CRC license. If the host has a CRC license, then you can simply dial in. However, if the host does not have a CRC license, then you as the attendee will have to have a license. On top of that, you need to follow the procedure as described here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360022698332-Using-the-attendee-s-CRC-license

In a nutshell, this is what you have to do:

1) Dial in from the Webex Room system

2) Navigate to https://zoom.us/meeting/rooms on your PC, mobile phone or tablet

3) Enter the Zoom meeting ID + the Pairing Code (which is shown in the splash screen when dialed into the meeting)

4) Click on Connect

5) After that the Webex Room system will be admitted to the Zoom meeting

As you can see this is not straightforward at all and one of the reason why Cisco handles integrations much better than other vendors.

Best regards,

Igor

Thanks @Igor Lukic 

Agree putting the onus on the participant to enter codes is less than friction less. The link you referred to also talks about using the Zoom Connector API to use the Join button on the Navigator. It involves a lot on site set up and cost and you would only entertain this if you were a Zoom Organisation with Webex endpoints for intra org meetings with the same Zoom Tennant or were joining inter org Zoom meeting where both organisations used Zoom.

Lets hope we see frictionless user and administrative native integration in the future from Zoom

Hi there, 

I personally didn't perform the integration yet. But I attended a recent Cisco webinar and as per it, you require Zoom CRC (Conference room Connector) by the host or the attendee.  The OBTP feature is available in this. 

You may find more on Zoom CRC here

Regards,

I'm not sure how the attendee ownership for Room connector could work as you are calling from a Webex device ( the attendee), the analogy i would use is the Webex device can knock on the Zoom  meeting door without a Room connector license but the Zoom meeting host needs a room connector license to have a door  to knock on , the responsibility/limitation is a Zoom/ meeting host tenant issue as it will not accept the call unless the tenant has a Room connector licenses to let the Webex  room system in 

Either side of the call can have CRC, it doesn’t necessarily need to be the organiser of the meeting.

Response Signature

Thanks @Roger Kallberg 

If i dial from a Webex Room system to a Zoom conference how does the Zoom conference know i have a CRC license ? Wont the host/host organisation  of the conference be responsible for the  Zoom CRC license to enable the Webex Room to join the conference ?

Garvan

No idea on how it knows. I just know that it works if either side of the call has the CRC. I guess that it’s a question better asked to Zoom.

Response Signature

Garvan Long
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you have Hybrid calendar enabled for the rooms, the Hybrid calendar service will parse a SIP URI or a video address that is in the message body of the calendar invite. If the Zoom invite has a sip URI and this invite is forwarded to the meeting room calendar I'm assuming you will get the Green Join Button for the Zoom conference.  Regardless the Zoom Host will need Room Connector subscription to admit Webex Devices.

I don't have a Zoom Room Connector subscription so i have not been able to validate this works as I'm assuming it should. You may also need to alter some Exchange permission to allow forwarded booking to your meeting rooms and for them to display the meeting title. It would be best practice to only allow the room to accept invites from your own exchange domains 

mlong0000
Level 1
Level 1

Don't think there is an official one yet. But I've used this and it's easy to setup https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/roomdevices-macros-samples/tree/master/Join%20Zoom%20with%20DTMF%20Zoom%20Tools

Download Join Zoom Version 4-1-1.zip

Add the xml file to the UI Extensions and the .js files in the Macro Editor. In the Macros then just enable the joinzoom_main_4-1-1 and it should work ok. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.