cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will chat and whiteboarding eventually come to devices?

Marcour
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I am wondering if chat and whiteboarding will come to devices any time soon. Just being able to see what others are drawing on the whiteboard would be enough. Or even polls and all the other stuff that is in the apps. It is hard to tell our users that they can't use those features in our brand new conference rooms with Webex devices.

Any info on those features?

Thanks

André

7 Replies 7

JamesJIBB
Level 1
Level 1

The good news is JIBB ( jibb.ai) is working very closely with Cisco at the moment to deliver whiteboarding to the users, just using a normal whiteboard( no special device) , using Webex Room devices as the input device using SIP. This should be ready and to be piloted with a large well known university in the US in the next month. If you want to know more please contact me at james@jibb.ai 

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Whiteboarding is supported on room devices..
Which devices are you using?

I am using all from the Mini to the Plus. I did not find any way to use whiteboarding inside a Webex Meeting on any of them. The Mini does support whiteboarding within a Teams space when connected to a Samsung Flip. But apart from that I don't know how. Any help is greatly appreciated...

To do white boarding you need Board Series. Flip is an option for CS kit mini series.  

You can View white board content and annotations shared from Cisco Webex Board, Cisco Webex Desk Pro, or Cisco Webex app; by participate in whiteboarding sessions through Cisco Webex app

Response Signature

That's exactly what I am talking about. There is no way to use whiteboarding on a Room device within a Webex Meeting. It is only possible within the Webex Teams cosmos. But being able to at least see what's happening on a shared whiteboad in a regular Webex meeting would be really nice.

sorry for mentioning room series.

You need a webex board  or a desk pro to do white boarding. 

Response Signature

I know! That is what I mean. You can't do whiteboarding in a regular (meaning NOT Webex Teams) Meeting. You can ONLY do it within a Webex Teams space, and only on Desk Pros and Boards. I am wondering, why there is no way to at least just see the shared whiteboard in a regular Webex Meeting on a Room device.