Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize Background in webex event

In webex events the option to add a background does not appear, only the default ones appear. How can I add one?

1 Accepted Solution

Hi @FabianMoreano86282 ,

Do you know which version of Webex are you using? You can get this info from your Webex site > Webex Events, then in the bar on the left: Support > Downloads and then on the right you'll see the Desktop App Version you are using:

Webex_Events_App_Version.png

As you can read in the following article, you need to be on Webex 40.8 or higher in order to have the "custom backgrounds"-option:
https://help.webex.com/en-us/80jduab/Use-a-Virtual-Background-in-the-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Suite#id_138414

With Webex 40.8+ you should have the possibility to add your own background image as shown in the screenshot below:
Cisco_Webex_Events_Background.png

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

adlv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! Do you mean a background for  your webcam or a background for the actual event (like a backdrop)?

For the webcam, I only get the default options but I want to place an image
with the company logo

Hi @FabianMoreano86282 ,

Do you know which version of Webex are you using? You can get this info from your Webex site > Webex Events, then in the bar on the left: Support > Downloads and then on the right you'll see the Desktop App Version you are using:

Webex_Events_App_Version.png

As you can read in the following article, you need to be on Webex 40.8 or higher in order to have the "custom backgrounds"-option:
https://help.webex.com/en-us/80jduab/Use-a-Virtual-Background-in-the-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Suite#id_138414

With Webex 40.8+ you should have the possibility to add your own background image as shown in the screenshot below:
Cisco_Webex_Events_Background.png

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.