cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I upload a video to be shared to the server so that I can start it instantly during the event?

PeterT32877
Level 1
Level 1

In WebEx Events, when I use "File > Share File" and select a video, it takes a while until the video is uploaded to the server.

I would like to be able to start the video instantly, but in the event, before the panelists' videos should be visible, i.e. I want to switch instantly from the panelists large video to the uploaded video.

I didn't find a way that I could either hide the video once it's uploaded and show it later - or to pre-upload the video such that I can open it without uploading again.

(I used the video upload because it seems that the video streaming via desktop / application sharing has low quality.)

The same upload problem applies to presentations.

Years ago I used WebEx and I thought that this functionality was available somehow ...

Thanks for any hint how to cope with this situation

2 Replies 2

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the post! 

You are sharing it the right way - but the bigger the file, the longer the buffering time.  

Something to test: Try opening the event early, getting the video loaded,  then once you switch to the video, maybe there be an increase in speed. 

Attendees can also be advised (and you) to close all apps not in use, and make sure you are not connected to any VPN.  If you can also be wired into your modem/router rather than using Wifi - that could help also. 

Response Signature

Thanks for your quick reply!

> Something to test: Try opening the event early, getting the video
> loaded,  then once you switch to the video, maybe there be an increase
> in speed. 
This is something I tried: If I upload several documents, e.g. 2
presentations a this video file, I can quickly switch between these
files, which is very nice. However, I didn't find a way to /hide/ all
these documents so that the speaker's video image is visiable in large
before switching to the video.

Can I hide a uploaded file? I only found the "x" button to close it, but
then I have to upload it again.