Views
Helpful
Replies

How to download the Webex Events app

EMNRD.MMD2
Level 1
Level 1

I need to be able to start a Webex event

I have the Webex Meetings app (webexapp.msi) with which I can start a meeting, not an event.

This is confusing:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX000022413/The-Link-to-Download-the-Cisco-Webex-Event-Manager-Installer-for-Windows-Downloads-the-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Application

How do I do this?

5 Replies 5

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need to download anything to start an event.  Try scheduling a sample one, then start it to test.  There is one palce where Webex "Events" can't be started, and that is on a mobile device. 

Response Signature

I also cannot figure out how to organize an Event, not a meeting......Is this a plugin? I am using MacOs.

Two places, the other being Linux, even in a browser.

Disappointing.

Support Not Available
You can't start or join this Webex meeting because it's enabled for Webex Meetings video conferencing, which isn't supported by your browser, browser version, or operating system. Contact your administrator for more information.

So no help here? Just silence. I'd like to join the conference I paid registrationg for, and since there is a Linux app for webex it should work, it seems.

In order to schedule a Webex Event you need to schedule it from your Webex site, there you should have an option to schedule, and under schedule you should have an option to schedule a meeting or an event, assuming you have the event license associated to your account.