cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In EVENTS, I shared a video and could not get the audio to work, it works fine in Meetings

belinda.misali
Level 1
Level 1

In EVENTS, I shared a video and could not get the audio to work, it works fine in Meetings, is there something I need to do?

9 Replies 9

Thanks for the info

philpav
Level 1
Level 1

Also keep in mind that video files with resolutions greater than 640 x 480 are resized to 640 x 480 (480p) when streamed in a Webex meeting, session, or event.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX9000033239/What-is-the-Maximum-Resolution-for-a-Video-File-Shared-in-a-Webex-Meeting

fasawasaew98900
Level 1
Level 1

I modified the configuration and the velocity is going to 750 Mb / s so it's an awful lot higher, but my policies not apply here.

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for your post! 

At this time Events does not have the option like Meetings does to Optimize for audio when you share your screen or application.  If you have the video file, you could try clicking on "Share" top left, and choosing File.  this will bring the file in to the window with a play button.  If the video is on a webpage, try Share > Multimedia. 

Response Signature

In addition, if you share the "file" video, it will NOT be included in your recording. Just something to be aware of for playing back a recording and finding a large gap where the video played.

@Clare Davis, Webex SME Thanks for the reply, I had the same issue.

I have a follow-up question on your suggestion to use file sharing instead. Are there any limitations for the video quality for this type of sharing? What resolution should the video be if I try to share it via file sharing and what resolution if I want to share it via a webpage?

Due to the large number of available display resolutions, Webex does not recommend a specific screen resolution for optimal viewing. If a document or presentation is shared using the Share File (Including Video)... option, the presentation or document will automatically be scaled for optimal viewing on the attendee's monitor.

If you will be sharing your desktop or application in the meeting, you can change your resolution prior to joining the meeting to provide a better viewing experience to your attendees. The most common resolution on new computers is 1366 x 768.

Response Signature

Also note that when you share in this way, the audio only be heard by computer audio participants. It does not stream to PSTN participants.

Response Signature

Thanks @Clare Davis, Webex SME . So if I understand correctly it does not really matter what video resolution I use when I share the file as the Event host, since the participants´ Webex client will adjust the resolution anyway?

I actually just wanted to know what I should use for sharing a 20 min 720p resolution video via Webex Events - would you recommend to go with file sharing (video) or do you think it is better to upload the video to some webpage and then share via the Web content sharing option. I can ensure stable broadband connection on my side.

I am also worried about possible lag between video´s sound and picture.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.